Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jan
2013

Soft Batch Style Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags:

Cookies

Cookies cookies cookies!  I’m a cookie baking fool, no doubt about it. Now, I know it’s still January and we’re all trying to watch what we’re eating, but chocolate chip cookies do not get removed from my diet….ever.  It’s just not allowed.

When I was browsing around Pinterest last week, I was intrigued when I cookies that had cornstarch added to cookie dough.  I had to try it!  I whipped up my own recipe with some added cornstarch and I have to say I love how soft and fabulous they turned out!  So….I call them my soft batch style cookies :)

Try them for yourself and see how you like em!

Scoop your dough as usual onto your favorite cookie sheet.

Press your dough down slightly like so before baking.

Here’s what you get.  Heaven.

The texture to these cookies are quite fabulous.  Get baking!

This batch was baked for 10 minutes exactly.  Slightly underdone which makes them soft and lovely.  I did another batch at about 13 minutes which was browned and firmer.  I enjoyed both batches, lol!  Try one of each and see what you like.

Soft Batch Style Chocolate Chip Cookies

Soft Batch Style Chocolate Chip Cookies 7t Ingredients

• 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a cookie sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. Cream your butter and sugars in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, a good 2 minutes. Add egg then vanilla beating to combine. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt then chocolate chips, mixing until combined. With cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Press dough down to flatten slightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes until baked through. 10 minutes will be softer cookies, 12 minutes will be browned. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack. Serve with milk :)

Makes 2 dozen cookies

Comments

Samantha says:

Jenny – I made these this morning and they just didn’t come out right I followed the recipe exactly. I am a little confused about the butter. Is the recipe for 1 stick and 1/2 cup of butter or are you just indicating that 1 stick is a half a cup…kind of confusing. I don’t know what went wrong. The dough was really crumbly and the cookies didn’t stay together. Some of the cookies on the sheet were under cooked and some were over cooked. Ugh, I really wanted these to work!

Hi Samantha, it is just 1 stick of butter which is also equal to 1/2 cup. I wonder what went wrong, I make this recipe all of the time.

Jess says:

Making these while stuck inside becuase of the blizzard. Didn’t have 2 cups of chocolate chips so I am adding toffee, one cup of each chocolate chips and toffee..can’t wait to see how they come out!

Bia says:

Hi, i’ve read some blogs where they suggest to keep the dough in the fridge for awhile before baking. Is it a need to do that for your recipe?

Linhda Sagen says:

Great recipe!! Thank you for sharing.

Stacy says:

Thanks for the great recipe. I made these about an hour ago and they are wonderful!

Anne Marie says:

These are fantastic. I love this recipe, it’s my new go to for chocolate chip!! I was even inspired to make a giant cookie using this recipe and everyone that came over for Easter loved it.

Thanks so much Jenny.

Shelly says:

These cookies are amazing! I just baked a batch, but I used a mixture of chocolate chips and chopped Reese’s peanut butter eggs as I’m trying to get rid of some Easter candy. Hands down the best chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever made!

Jessica Stauber says:

Just made these for my younger brother’s varsity football banquet. My new ABSOLUTE favorite classic chocolate chip cookie recipe and go-to from now on! SO delicious and gooey!

[...] loss story a while ago, and Jenny (funny enough after the weight loss comment) has the greatest Soft Batch Style chocolate chip cookie recipe that I use all the time. I love that bottom right pic of friends taking food pics and then [...]

stephanie says:

Is this 1 and 1/2 sticks butter?

Jessica says:

Do you know how much extra flour I should add for high altitude?

I made these for our beach trip next week. They are so good. Can’t wait to share them with our friends, pool side. :)

Judy says:

I think I just found the holy grail chocolate chip cookies! Just made a batch of these and they were amazing! It was a bit too much chocolate chips for me though, so I’ll cut down a bit on that next time. Pinning this for future baking! Thanks :)

[…] Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies The texture to these cookies are quite fabulous. So why wait – get baking today! recipe @ picky-palate […]

[…] Soft Batch Style Chocolate Chip Cookies […]

Kate says:

I’ve been looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe for a long time, and after discovering this recipe, I’ve finally found it! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe!

These also taste AMAZING with one cup of caramel bits and one cup of chocolate bits! — so so so good!

Linda Ripp says:

Man…..major fail. One huge mess. DON’T make this at all………..somebody’s idea of a joke, I suppose.

Katheryn says:

My husband and I have been on the search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. After what seems like a billion recipes, I came across this one tonight… HANDS DOWN the absolute best cookies we’ve made!

Hannah says:

I’ve made these at least once a week since I found this recipe. They are amazing!

Michele says:

I am in search for my perfect cookie recipe, which is a soft/chewy on the inside, kinda crispy on the outside, and flat/thin and so I found this on pintrest and it looked really good and easy to make. I just made these and it didn’t look as flat as the ones in the pictures (which is understandable since you never said this is supposed to be super flat) but holy cow these tasted great and they’re so soft it just melts in your mouth. Everybody loves these and they still look great AND it stays soft for days. Thank you for the recipe! If I don’t find a better recipe, which I doubt I will, this is definitely THE ONE.

Rute says:

These cookies r delish! Added a third of the sugar and half the choc chips, but also used mini, also substituted cashew meal for half of the flour. Absolutely delicious! Thank you!!!

Każdy z nas zetknął się z problemem, polecam zaznajomienie się z przedmiotem.

These are by far the best chocolate cookies I’ve ever made…and tasted!!! These will be my “go-to” from now on. Thanks!!!

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading through your
    articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?
    Appreciate it!

Brooke Hill says:

Made a double batch of these tonight, absolutely delicious!!

Terri says:

This is my first time visit at here and i am actually impressed to read everthing at alone place.

[…] of milk. Some recipes result in a cookie that is too crisp for my liking. So when I came across this recipe, which promised a soft batch style cookie, I knew I had to try it. These cookies are very soft, […]

Jessica says:

Just made these, very tasty! Little disappointed they didn’t stay soft once cooled, next time I will cook for 9 min lol. Will be baking these again though :)

Carrie says:

The smallest batch of cookies ever! If you are making them for the holidays double up the recipe!