Mar
2013

Monster Easter Cookies

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cookies

Monster Easter Cookies by Picky Palate www.picky-palate.com

Boy, I’m having a hard time resisting the darn Easter chocolates!  Target has the best Easter candy, along with so many other items I find hard to resist.

So excited for you to try my Monster Easter Cookies.  These will be so great for after Easter when you ransack the kids baskets or grab the Easter Candy at 1/2 off!

Completely sinful but so fun!  Everything in moderation right?  That’s my motto :)

IMG_0467

Here’s the candy I used for my cookies.  Keep in mind, you can use about any of your favorites!  Sky’s the limit!

Easter Candy

Nom nom nom.

Easter Chocolate

Unwrapped.

IMG_0483

Let’s get started.  Butter please!

sugars

Sugar!

eggs

2 pretty eggs.

vanilla and eggs

Vanilla.

IMG_0535

Mix!

IMG_0536

Dry ingredients please!

chopped

Chop your candy bars however you like…and sample a few.

IMG_0587

Oh yah!

cookie dough

Bake for about 10 minutes until golden.

IMG_0620

Perfect!

Monster Easter Cookies by Picky Palate www.picky-palate.com

Easter Candy heaven cookies.

Monster Easter Cookies by Picky Palate www.picky-palate.com

• 2 Snicker’s Eggs
  • 2 Snicker’s Peanut Butter Eggs
  • 2 Milky Way Bunnies
  • 3 Cadbury Eggs
  • 3 Chocolate Cadbury Eggs

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. Cream butter and sugars in stand mixer, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla beating to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients and chopped Easter Chocolates. Beat gently until just combined.
  3. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet placing about 1 inch apart. Press each cookie down about 1/2 inch before baking. Bake for 10-13 minutes until golden brown. With a plastic knife, re-form cookies into a nice round shape, cleaning up any melted chocolates that may have oozed out the sides. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

Comments

sara says:

Totally awesome idea…I love these…yum!! :)

These do look like heaven! And the perfect way to use up some of that left-over candy after Easter. :)

Whoa, you weren’t kidding when you said you’re loving the Easter Candy! I made some M&M cookies last week with the pretty spring pastel colors but you totally have me beat and I love it! That candy assortment in your process shots – makes my heart go pitter patter :)

These are so full of yumminess!! Love this!

I love easter candy too. Not sure I would ever be able to stop eating these!

Is it so wrong that it is 6am and I could really go for a whole plate of these right now?

marla says:

Such fun + festive Easter cookies!

Those pretty Kitchen Aids made me smile this morning! And I wish I had a stack of cookies to fuel me for the day. xox

Tieghan says:

WOW, thats a genius idea to use ALL that candy in one cookies. I want to make these today.

Agreed! -Everything in moderation… Although I think it would be hard with these!

Amanda says:

I really want to make these. But I have a feeling they would never get shared with anyone ever. ;)

naomi says:

Are you kidding-candy and cookie in one? Um, yes please! These looks great, Jenny!

Brianna says:

Easter candy? I’m not sure I would have any candy left to put in the cookies by the time they were ready to bake…ESPECIALLY if I was using the REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER Easter candies. Why are the egg shaped REESE’S so much better than the regular? Hmmm. It remains a mystery to me. Great recipe!

Kim says:

What do you mean in recipe 2 INGEDIENT???? Just want to be sure I don’t miss any chocolately goodness! YUM-o

Those cookies look great! I’m an Easter candy junkie too, but I’m allergic to chocolate. Luckily there are lots of jelly beans and the like. The Reese’s Pieces Eggs are the best.

Lisa says:

mmm. Mixing the chocolate bars into the cookie mix is genius. My little one would love these:)

these look fantastic, Jenny! I saw your Vine while you were making these – haha that Snickers bar was trying to get away from ya! i love all the candies in the cookies!

My only problem with these cookies is that about half of that candy wouldn’t make it to the cookies…because someone would eat them.

Like me. maybe. ooops.

Oh my! I’m SO in candy heaven right now! I always have to buy extra so there’s enough for the actual recipe! (=

Easter candy sales are my weakness too!

I have bought numerous bags and individuals of all the easter candies at Target! I swear that store will be the death of me!! Soo much candy soo little time!

Terri C says:

Those look good! Love the mixer color!

Amanda says:

These are perfect! Love the KitchenAid color :) Such fun!

CateyLou says:

I seriously died when I saw all of the easter candy in these cookies! What a fun recipe! Your mixer is easter-themed too, love it!

Gaby says:

I’ll take 2 dozen please :)

Love the abundance of Easter candy in these!!

That’s a lot of candy! Love it!

Marjory says:

My girls just saw this and they love, love, love…me too!

These would be great treats for Easter!

Corynn says:

Great idea! I did something similar after Halloween, but I did cheesecake bars with leftover candy.

Lisa says:

I love the pictures with your Kitchen Aid mixers, they look so springy! I just bought Easter candy for the baskets. Do I dare get into them to make these oh so tempting cookies? Oh yes, I can always buy more.

Wendy says:

This goes on the list of recipes to make after Easter when the Easter candy goes on half price sale. :) I stock up after each holiday and have fun chopping up candy and trying out recipes :) Thanks!

All that candy in one cookie? This is a dream come true!

jenna says:

these are so over the top! can’t wait to make them for ava!

I’m like a little cookie monster so it’s only fitting that I’d love these monster easter cookies! Awesome idea! Thanks. :)

nu says:

Give thanks your for discuss. I am hoping you can share once more. nu http://transmediadesign.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&feed=rss

Ah-Maz-Ing!!!! These look so sinful! :)

[...] Monster Easter Cookies from Picky Palate [...]

[...] 11. Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs 12. Easter Basket Cupcake 13. Easter Carrot Cupcakes 14. Easter Petit Fours 15. Monster Easter Cookies [...]

Jesia says:

For some reason my local Target store didn’t have the Milky Way bunnies (bummer!), so I got some Kit Kat bunny ears instead. I also picked up some of the Easter M&Ms to add a bit of colour. =) Looking forward to making these! <3

Jesia says:

Also, would you recommend omitting the salt if the only kind of butter you have is salted?

[...] Monster Easter Cookies via Picky Palate [...]

naomi says:

Yeah, this is a must make!!!

[...] better than cookies?  Cookies with seven different kinds of Easter candy in them (from Picky [...]

Lorna says:

I made these last week and they came out really, really flat! They had an excellent taste though. I looked back at your chocolate chip cookie recipe (that I use ALL THE TIME) and noticed you didn’t use as much flour in this recipe as in your other cookie recipe. I have a feeling that might have been the problem. Will try again with your other recipe and the candy and see what happens.