Mar
2013

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookies

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Cookies by Picky Palate www.picky-palate.com

So, you know my obsession with Girl Scout Cookies?  I’ve used them again to create another cookie that’s going to knock your socks off.  I call them my Peanut Butter Do-si-do chocolate Chip Cookies.

If you are a peanut butter cookie fan, then you are in for quite a treat with this recipe with crushed Do-si-dos and mini chocolate chips throughout.

Simple, irresistible and perfect for gift giving.

Enjoy friends!

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 2

Here they are!  I used 6 to be exact.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 3

Your basic line-up of ingredients.  I used a couple tablespoons of pudding mix, that is optional.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 4

Cream your butter and sugars then stir in your creamy peanut butter.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 5

Add your egg and vanilla.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 6

Add your flour, baking soda and salt.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 7

Add a couple tablespoons of vanilla instant pudding mix.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 8

Mini chocolate chips.  If you can’t find these at your grocery store, regular chips will do.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 9

Mmmm.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 10

Take 6 Do-s-dos and crush them finely.  I place them in a ziploc baggie and pound gently with a rolling pin.  A food processor works too.  Please note that Nutter Butters can be used in place of the Do-si-dos.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 11

Add the crushed cookies to your bowl.  Add 2 tablespoons of canola oil as well.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 12

Dough!

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 13

Just about ready to bake.

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies 14

Press each cookie down to about 1/2 inch before baking.  Bake for about 10 minutes and voila’!

Peanut Butter Do-si-do Cookies by Picky Palate www.picky-palate.com

• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 6 Girl Scout Do-si-do cookies, finely crushed
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream your butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Stir in your peanut butter until combined than add in your egg and vanilla mixing to combine. Add your flour, baking soda, salt, chips and crushed girl scout cookies. Stir until just combined. Stir in the canola oil until combined. With a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Press each cookie to about 1/2 inch round before baking. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

Makes 2 dozen cookies
Please note that Nutter Butter Cookies can be used as a substitute for the Do-si-dos

Comments

I love PB cookies – and Do-si-dos. I love that you crushed them into these already delish looking PB cookies. And all those mini chips…so cute!

Jenny, these look and sound AMAZING!!

Have mercy these look so GOOD! Love Peanut Butter Cookies, of any kind, and I’m over the moon that you added in the Do-si-dos! Genius!!!

Oh man!!! THESE are how Girl Scout cookies should be eaten!!! Those look AMAZING!

Ashley C says:

Do-si-dos were always my favorite and adding chocolate chips makes them even better. I can’t wait to try these!

I love your use of girl scout cookies in recipes!! They’re simply amazing. Do-si-dos are one of my favs and having them in another cookie (cookie on cookie) is fab!

Brianna says:

For some reason, mini Chocolate chips make cookies so much tastier…and they’re so cute. :) Thanks for sharing!

What a fun idea! With girl scout cookies, the possibilities are endless!

I hope you saved me a stack! Yum!

Helene says:

Such a great idea to use girl scout cookies, love the combo peanut butter and chocolate!

Oooh – I still want to try do-si-do cookies! These PB ones look fabulous though!

WOW! My husband will love these. It’ll be another treat I make that he can’t refuse (I’m always looking for those because he never eats my stuff…:)

Lauren says:

LOVE pb + chocolate!! Your cookies always turn out so perfectly!!

With that many chocolate chips, these have to rock!

oh my gosh, these are insane! I would LOVE about 2 dozen of these right now!!

Amanda says:

Oh my goodness girl! These look so soft and chewy and perfect! Love it! Just one more month ’til we are back in the kitchen baking together!! Can’t wait! :)

You’re killin me smalls!! I need a dozen of these right now!!

These look amazing!! I need to track down some of those Girl Scouts ASAP.

I am obsessed with every cookie recipe you post! These are no exception!!

Sues says:

I’m in love with the fact that you’re putting Girl Scout cookies IN cookies!! Best ever!! :)

Woo hoo! So much goodness in here!

Love the double peanut butter, double cookie action going on here! Nothing better! Yum :)

Gaby says:

you have the best cookies on here ever!

Monica says:

These cookies look adorable and delicious! I love peanut butter, and do-si-do Girl Scout cookies are the best. Thanks for this recipe! I’ll have to try this soon (:

Tieghan says:

OHHH My Gosh !! I love these! Seriously, your cookies looks and sound so good! I need to make these!

Oh my! I need this cookies in my life!

Yummy ! Your cookies always look easy to do and always soooo good !

Spencer says:

Looks amazing! I reckon I could easily polish them all off on my own.

Those cookies look amazing!

naomi says:

I love this, Jenny!

haha! I never heard of the Do-si-Do Girl Scout cookies, so when I first saw your title, I just thought you were having fun naming these cookies! :) They sound fabulous!

Making cookies out of cookies? Amazeballs.

Winnie says:

Can’t wait to try these! Do-Si-Do’s are my husband and my favorites. I accidently ordered the lemon ones thinkinig that he wanted them and boy was hubby sad. I can’t wait to whip these up! Thank you! You did an unknown public service!

Absolutely love the crushed cookies in the cookie!

Cookies in cookies. what a fun idea, these look so delicious!

[…] 13.) Peanut Butter Do-si-do Chocolate Chip Cookies […]

Kristine says:

GS cookies just went on sale… so I’m needing to use up the ones in my freezer from last year. These. Are. Amazing. Thanks for the recipe! They are now a go-to cookie that I will making regularly (thanks to the fact that my GS daughter keeps me fully stocked year round)!

Brandy S. says:

Oh yum, Jenny!! Cannot wait to make these tonight! Love your cookie recipes and so do.the kidlets! I am going to double the recipe to make lots!