Peppermint Buttercream Frosting
Sharing our favorite buttercream frosting recipe today! My Peppermint Buttercream Frosting is great eaten with a spoon or used for cupcakes, cookies and graham crackers.
Use this buttery sweet frosting for your favorite cakes, sandwiched in cookies, over cupcakes and on graham crackers. Nom Nom Nom 🙂
Start with 2 sticks of softened butter. That’s always a good way to start something 🙂 Please use the whisk attachment. I caught that a little late, ha!
Powdered sugar up next.
Just about ready to mix.
Add about 10 drops of peppermint essential oil or 2 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
Mix, mix, mix! Love my little helper.
Time for the cookies!
Pax was a willing helper today 🙂
Now, this is the way I like to enjoy my buttercream…sandwiched in between 2 Thin Mints. Enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Buttercream
- Use an electric stand mixer or hand mixer. Use the whisk attachment on your stand mixer to incorporate all of the air into your frosting.
- The most important tip is to have soft butter. Leave your butter out at room temperature for a few hours for best results.
- Turn your mixer on a medium high speed and beat the butter for 5-8 minutes. Butter should be light and fluffy before you add in any sugar.
- Once your butter is pale and light, add in your sugar spoonful by spoonful.
- When all of your sugar is added in, add in vanilla extract and a splash of milk. Turn mixer back on high speed and let everything incorporate.
- 2 sticks softened butter unsalted
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil or 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 10 Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies crushed
- Place butter into stand mixer and beat until well combined. Slowly add powdered sugar, peppermint and crushed Thin Mints. Beat until combined, but be cautious to not over mix. Remove and store in an airtight container for up to 7-10 days. If you refrigerate, thaw to room temperature before using.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.