Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Skinny Chicken Vegetable Enchiladas

Skinny Chicken Vegetable Enchiladas by Picky Palate

Are you ready for some skinny chicken vegetable enchiladas?  You are going to love this “lower” fat version I have developed for you.  I’m not completely crazy, so I still add cheese to the top of my enchiladas, low fat or not.  Some things you just can’t get rid of in my opinion, but as always, you can certainly leave out the cheese….but don’t.  Lol!

You’ll also find that I have a homemade enchilada sauce for you.  If you haven’t made your own enchilada sauce, you are going to love it.  I swear, no matter if the label says mild or not, most enchilada sauces at the grocery store are so spicy for my kids.  I finally took matters into my own hands and developed my own.  This one is similar to the one that is in my cookbook, but I use some greek yogurt to make it a little creamy.  Yum!

Can’t wait for you to try this one.  Enjoy friends!

Enchilada Sauce 1

To start, let’s get the enchilada sauce ready.  You’ll saute your onions and garlic in a touch of olive oil then add some chicken broth, cornmeal and chili powder.

Enchilada Sauce 2

Next, you’ll add some cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.  Give it all a good stir.  The mixture will be chunky and thick.  Add a can of diced or crushed tomatoes to a high powered blender along with your thick mixture.  Blend until smooth.  Transfer all of this to a large bowl and stir in your greek yogurt.  Sauce is done!

Homemade Enchilada Sauce

Here is what your sauce will look like.  I’d say it takes about 10 minutes to make.  Not bad for homemade sauce!

Now that your sauce is done, we can whip up the enchilada filling.  I used some of our favorite vegetables.  I have asparagus, zucchini and fennel with some roasted chicken I found at Trader Joe’s.

Enchilada filling

Saute all of your vegetables with some olive oil until softened slightly, about 5-8 minutes.

Add your chicken and get ready to fill those corn tortillas.

Arranging Enchiladas

Spoon about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of your baking dish.  Add a couple spoonfuls of chicken and vegetables into the center of warm white corn tortillas.  Carefully roll and place seam side down into your baking dish.  Continue until your pan is full.  Pour your sauce over top.

adding cheese

Spread your sauce evenly then sprinkle with just a little shredded cheese.  Bake for about 25 minutes.

Skinny Chicken Vegetable Enchiladas 4t

Ahhhh, dinner is served.  Enjoy!

Skinny Chicken Vegetable Enchiladas by Picky Palate

• 1/2 pound or about 3 cups chopped fresh asparagus
  • 1 zucchini halved and sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fennel or onion
  • 3 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken breast
  • 12 white corn tortillas
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the olive oil into a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Saute your onions and garlic for 5 minutes then add your chicken broth, cornmeal, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer this mixture plus diced or crushed tomatoes to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer sauce to a large bowl and stir in 1/4 cup greek yogurt. Spoon about 1/2 cup sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
  2. Heat remaining olive oil into a large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute your leeks or onions, chopped asparagus and zucchini for about 5 minutes. Add your cooked chicken pieces. Spoon chicken and vegetables into the center of each warm tortilla. Roll and place seam side down into your baking dish. Continue filling and rolling until pan is filled. I used about 12 per pan. Continue with another pan if you have remaining ingredients or save for another use. Pour enchilada sauce over rolled tortillas and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove and serve hot.

Makes 6-12 Servings

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Amanda says:

These look so yummy Jenny! Love that cheesy shot, and totally trying your homemade enchilada sauce! 🙂 xoxo

Oh my. We are an enchilada-lovin’ family, and I think this recipe is a must for us! I love the inclusion of the zucchini; I adore that stuff like crazy!

This is just what I needed too : an enchilada sauce that won’t be to hot for the kid ! Thank you Jenny !

Tieghan says:

This looks so crazy good! I am on a mexican food kick so I WILLL be making these! Like maybe tonight!

Thank you for keeping the CHEESE!!! 😉 And, for the less spicy sauce…I love really spicy, but my hubby is just not a fan. He loves enchiladas, though, so this is PERFECT! Thanks!

It never occurred to me to make my own enchilada sauce! I’m definitely trying this recipe soon. I love that it’s skinny…but keeps the cheese!

These look absolutely wonderful! And cheers to homemade enchilada sauce!

Wonderful family meal!

marla says:

A perfect & healthy family meal!

carrian says:

these look delicious, but even more important, you’re so good to do the step by step photos. They stress me out!

Omigoodness, these look sooo good! And a healthier version… Although I love my dishes loaded with all sorts of maybe-not-the-best-for-you goodness, it’s nice to have a tasty ‘skinny’ version too!

Love that you’re thinking about my waistline. 😉

I should probably do more of that!

I need to try that enchilada sauce for SURE! These look so good!

This looks so great!! Anytime I do a skinny recipe ,I use 2% cheese…still great to me!! Love this 🙂

These are awesome- can’t wait to try that sauce!

Kasey says:

In your enchilada filling picture there is vanilla yogurt. Is that supposed to be there? I’m trying to figure out where it would go and don’t want to mess up if it’s really supposed to be there. Thanks.

These enchiladas look absolutely delicious! I love that you put cornmeal in the sauce as a thickener. Makes perfect sense!

It’s been way too long since I’ve made enchiladas. Love the lighter version!

Those look delicious! I have made enchiladas with my own homemade sauce too, but I use chili powder to give it a little spice. I love your “skinny” recipes, as my family is trying to eat healthier too.

Liz Mackie says:

Thank you. Sounds so good and I will be making it in the future. Have a great day!

Wow, this looks SO delicious and I love that it’s skinny! Way to go with making your own sauce, too! Saving this scrumptious recipe for soon.

Diana says:

Homemade enchilada sauce? Oh, and how simple it looks! You make me so very happy..I cannot wait to try this recipe 🙂

Mommypage says:

Wow, this looks so healthy! This looks like an amazing recipe for enchiladas! I love that you even made a homemade sauce.

this looks ridiculously good, Jenny! i love a good veggie enchilada that is on the skinny side!

Sues says:

BEST Monday night dinner ever. Now if only it were waiting for me when I got home from work 🙂 🙂

I love all of the veggies in there!

Angie says:

WOW, I need these for dinner!

Emily says:

Made these tonight and the family loved them!! Will be making them again! Yum!

Chels R. says:

I am going to make this very soon. I love enchiladas, but its almost impossible to make them low in calories or healthier than the usual bystanders.

What nice and healthy spring enchiladas!

Love your labeled step by step photos (and you can never go wrong with enchiladas!)!!

I really need to learn how to make enchiladas. It’s been on my list for a while.

Sue says:

I came across your web site and saw these enchiladas and just had to make them. I’m so glad that I did…..they were really good and I will be sure to make them again! My daughter loved the filling as I was putting it all together. I’m glad that she saved me some. *wink*

Sue says:

Made this tonight for dinner, it was excellent! I used fat free sour cream in place of the yogurt.

Kelsey says:

You are by far my favorite source for recipes! Love how you make it all homemade and the kids usually love it!

Mina says:

Hi I stumbled upon your site today. This recipe looks delish! I have a picky 6-year old son. I’m amazed that your boys will actually eat the enchiladas, and the veggies too. What’s your secret? 🙂 I need to get my just-turned-6 year old to eat more veggies and a better variety of foods. He eats all fruits but just a couple of veggies and prob. the same 10 things over and over for lunch and dinner. I’m not a good cook either so I get burnt out when he continually rejects my efforts! 🙁

Mary Beth says:

A friend told be about your site, love it! For the Skinny Chicken Veggie Enchiladas… do you have the nutritional stats by chance?

カルティエ 時計コピーよく知らないそれらのために、Ætherの腕時計は、フェニックスaz、家に電話をすると起動する店は、2012年には周辺の石の小川ストラップビジネスの延長として。レビューともう一つの非常に驚いたことを意味し、Æther石の小川のストラップをインストールして来るのを見て、いくつかのカスタム化オプションで利用できます。私のために、これまた超私の良いに興味があって、エキゾチックレザーストラップ(スミス&ブラッドリー遺産によって起こす関心)。

この時計ビクトリノックススイスアーミーナイトビジョン3です、しかし、スイス軍の名前から数字を落として、カウントを停止することを決めた。将来的には、彼らは愚かな仮定のリリース第7、第8版の変形を開始するビットを得ることとして意味をなす。 スーパーコピー時計専門店最新のスイスアーミーナイトビジョンモデルの古典的な「闇」を見て、より正式な肌と美しい立ち居振る舞いを見ますに。

スーパーコピーブランド完璧な品質●在庫情報随時更新!(*^-^*)S/SS品質 シリアル付きも有り付属品完備! 全物品運賃無料(日本全国)不良品物情況、無償で交換します.税関没収する商品は再度無料で発送します.安心して、安全に引き渡します.偽物カルティエスーパーコピー商品広大な客を歓迎して買います!ブランドバッグブランド財布ブランド腕時計

今回が初披露したSerpent Calendarシリーズ一度立ち上げつまり人気業界評価、コピーブランドその創作の理念が質素でシンプルがかなりあって深い寓意:独特の蛇状日付指針巧みな表現が地球の時間と変遷し、精巧な弧度デザインも確かに保日付指針ないと他の指針を重ねて、その結果読み取り困難;ケースのクラシックスタイルは完璧を復刻したイギリス早期懐中時計の厳格なと精緻で、よく見るの下、優雅に書かローマ数字のデザインが絶妙で、数字の輪郭に沿って文字盤に心の方向が細くなり、ほんの些細なことを付与した腕時計、きめ細やかでちょうど鮮やかな流動性。完全に手作りのカレンダーをSerpentに凝った古典タブと頂点芸敬意を表すの佳作の一つで、もっとと呼ぶSpeake-Marinうピークの傑出した代表作。

それは、内部の回転ベゼルで1000メートル防水のダイバーズウオッチができない多くは言います。IWC時計コピーなぜですか?まあ、それは内部のベゼルを回転するクラウンに関係があります。時間よりも設定でき、クラウンと違ってきつくねじ込まれ高耐水性を確実に、内部のベゼルを調整するための冠を機能的にする必要があり、深い水の中にあった。このジレンマの一部を全くアカデミックな人と住んでいるディープダイブすることさえできませんので。だからあなたは内部のベゼルを300メートルを確実に水の抵抗のために冠を持っていることが理論的には、それからねじ止めとそれを越えてする必要があります。lum-tecじゃないような些細なことに興味を持っています。それは、内部の回転ベゼルで1000 mのダイバーウォッチを作りたいです。ロレックス スーパーコピー私は、彼らが挑戦の攻撃方法を見るのが待ち切れないです。

私は最終的にl-evolutionブランパン腕時計の家族はすべて何についての質問に答えますと思いますがそのl-evolutionコレクションの中で真新しい高い合併症は時計をリリースしましたか?」2015年の間、我々はブランパンl-evolutionトゥールビヨンカルーセルその社内で作られた口径2322v2運動の両方の回転木馬とトゥールビヨンは、ダイヤルしましたが、過去にブランパンは2013年により保守的な時計で何かに見えたが含まれます。 ブライトリング スーパーコピー 今、同じ概念と改訂版の動きが存在する現代のスタイルを見る最後の超かもしれないという点でエキゾチックなブランパンl-evolutionウォッチコレクションです。

积家堅持日進月歩の革新的な精神を、同時に伝奇潜水表にPolarisの優れた伝統を新しい潜水表シリーズ発売。三種類の異なるスタイル抜群の斬新な内包はそれぞれ、オメガスーパーコピーその中の1項の防水性能1000メートルのケースデザインやコンセプトの斬新な機械式水深計、いずれも出て积家優良な伝統の傑作。本シリーズは画期的なマスターCompressor Diving Proジオグラフィックを搭載し、機械式水深計;そしてマスターCompressor DivingGMTとは時間時計と直径44ミリのマスターCompressor Diving Chronographクロノ腕時計。