Apr
2013

Reeses Pieces Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

Reeses Pieces Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Picky Palate

I love a good cookie, that’s pretty obvious if you follow Picky Palate.  My Reese’s Pieces Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are ones that will be made again and again in the Flake house.  Chocolatey delicious packed with chocolate chunks and mini Reese’s Pieces…win win!

Grab the kids, and let’s make some cookies.

IMG_2887

Here’s your basic line up.  Please note that you can use regular sized Reese’s Pieces if you can’t find the mini’s.

IMG_2908

Start by creaming your butter and sugars.

IMG_2913

Brown sugar.

IMG_2921

Once your butter and sugars are creamed add your egg.

IMG_2925

A touch of vanilla.

IMG_2929

Beat until well combined.

IMG_2933

Slowly add your flour, salt and baking soda.

IMG_2946

Cocoa powder.

IMG_2951

Give a little mix here.

IMG_2958

Take your favorite block of chocolate and cut it into chunks.

IMG_2968

Ahhh, chocolate!

IMG_2976

If this bowl was bigger I’d like to swim inside.  You?

IMG_2981

• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chunks
  • 1 cup mini Reeses Pieces

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. Place butter and sugars into a stand mixer, cream until well combined. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well combined. Slowly add flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, chocolate chunks and Reeses Pieces.
  3. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until baked through. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy.

Makes 2 dozen cookies

Comments

Jenny these are music to my ears! The Reese’s Pieces, the TJs pound plus bar, the chocolate cookie dough base, oh twist my arm. Delish! Pinned!

You can never go wrong with chocolate paired with peanut butter! Besides, these look just so adorable with the beautiful chocolate color and the bright Reese’s peeking through! Oh my. A must.

Caley says:

Wow, I had no idea they made mini Reese’s Pieces! So cute. These cookies look absolutely delicious. :D

Oh my! These sound like a total delight!

Erica says:

My two favorite things, chocolate and Reese’s. I will surely be trying these soon!

Beth says:

Perfect! I need to do something with the Reese pieces “carrot” left over from Easter. My kiddos aren’t huge Reeses pieces fans but in these cookies they will be devoured.

Oh gosh, I wish I could click a button and have one of these shoot out of my monitor. Looks heavenly!

Tieghan says:

Killer cookie! Seriously, their killer! You have got the best cookie developing brain ever!!

All I can is “YES” followed by “YUM”!

Everything good in one cookie! I need to get my hands on some of that TJ’s chocolate!

Woah. These cookies are calling -no, screaming- my name!!

I’m a nut for your cookie recipes, Jenny. They all look SO scrumptious and these are no exception! Can’t wait to try them. :)

Everything I love in a cookie and those mini reeses pieces look so cute!!

sara says:

YUM. These cookies look so tasty, and I love the color of your mixer! :)

you have such beautiful photography!! and what a delicious cookie!

leslie says:

I can see why you make these again and again!!!

Renee says:

I’ve been seeing so many recipes with Reese’s Pieces lately. I’m loving this trend. Maybe it’s a secret promotion for a new ET movie.

I’m sure my kids would LOVE those !

Michelle says:

Hi! I know, call me crazy, but I’m not a big chocolate fan. If I left the chocolate and cocoa powder out, would I need to replace it with anything or increase any of the other ingredients? Looking forward to making these!

Deborah says:

You don’t know what I wouldn’t give for one of these right now! Swoon!

Wendy says:

Great looking thick and chewy cookies! I love those huge bars of Trader Joe’s chocolate. They are my favorite too for dark or milk chocolate chunks!

Jenny did you know you have an “other” box on FB ..if you click on Messages it’s to the right..I messaged you and never heard back and I know your pretty good at replying so I thought you might not know about that box :)

Hi Mandy, if you need to ask me a question, always go through my contact page which sends your message to my email. Try me again, I’m happy to answer your question. I do the bare minimum with FB :)

Kimberly says:

I made these last night and I really think they are the BEST cookies I have ever made!! They were delicious! My husband was very happy!

Pleased to say hello: I am a follower of your website and I really like the recipes for.
    You’re a good cook and the (congratulate)
    I’m a cook and I have a website sumille and cooking and liquors besides health and celizcos.
    I appreciate you made me a visit.
    I send you a warm hug
    Vicente Sagunto

[...] *Ding ding! That’s why I made these amazing double chocolate chunk Reese’s Pieces cookies. [...]