Sharing our favorite chocolate cookie recipe today! My Chocolate Malted Chip Cookies Recipe are about to be a new family favorite at your home!
Chocolate Cookie Recipe
These Malted Chocolate Cookies are cookie perfection! It’s always a good day to make cookies around my house. You never have to twist my arm much to whip up a batch for any occasion 🙂 The boys and I were playing around with a chocolate cookie idea and these malted chip cookies were a huge hit! They have the perfect chewy texture that we love with bites full of chocolate chips throughout. Next time you are in the mood for making cookies, be sure to give our latest creation a try! Happy cookie baking!
Here’s your line up of ingredients. You should be able to find the Carnation Malted Milk in the baking section of your grocery store. We love using it in our cookies!
Butter and sugar time!
2 eggs up next!
Chocolate chip time!
This dough. Be warned in advance, it’s hard to keep your hands out of it!
Time to bake!
Aren’t they gorgeous?
Can’t wait for you guys to bake these! Enjoy 🙂
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Chocolate Malted Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 cup Carnation Malt Powder
- 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter and sugars into a stand mixer and cream until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating to combine. Slowly add flour, malt powder, pudding mix, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop, place dough mounds onto prepared baking sheet, placing about 1 inch apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring. Serve room temperature or chilled.