May
2013

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta

Tags: , , ,

Dinner

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta by Picky Palate

So many of your kids are already out of school for the summer and if you are like me, making dinner is not the high point of the day.  In fact I’m lucky if I make dinner in the summer.  Oops.

I developed a quick and simple chicken pasta full of colors and flavor that the whole family will love.  I call it my Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta.

30 minutes is what it takes to get this meal to the table.  Not too bad right?  Save yourself some time by picking up a pre-chopped bag of fajita vegetables at your grocery store and use a rotisserie chicken.

Enjoy friends.

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta-1

First things first, pick out your favorite small pasta.  Any shape will work great.

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta-2

Add it to a big pot of boiling water and cook until al dente.

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta-3

Heat your milk in a nice big dutch oven or pot.

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta-5

Add your Ranch seasoning to the milk along with 8 ounces of softened cream cheese that you beat until whipped.  Stir into the milk until smooth.

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta-6

Like so.

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta-7

Add your lovely cooked pasta back to the pot.

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta-8

Add your cooked shredded chicken.

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta-9

Saute about 2 cups of chopped fajita vegetables.  You can usually find a pack right in the produce area of your grocery store.

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta-10

Once those veggies are softened, add them right back to the pot and give a good stir.  Dinner is done!

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta by Picky Palate

Yes please!

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta by Picky Palate

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta

Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta by Picky Palate Ingredients

• 1 pound small dry pasta
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and beaten until smooth
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups chopped fajita vegetables (onions and colorful peppers, usually comes pre-chopped in the produce area of your grocery store)
  • 2 medium chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken)
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. Heat milk and Ranch seasoning in a large dutch oven or pan over medium-low heat stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until hot.
  3. Slowly stir in whipped cream cheese into milk until melted and combined. Stir in cooked pasta.
  4. Heat oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute fajita vegetables for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir into pasta along with your cooked shredded chicken. Heat and stir for a few minutes until hot. Season with a touch of salt and pepper to taste. Serve.

Makes 6-8 Servings

Comments

Tieghan says:

YUM! This look so easy and cream and delicious! That is a Winner in my book!

30 min to make such a tasty and colourful dinner, that is a winner recipe! Thanks for sharing! This will be on my dinner list this week!

Doooooooneeeeeee-aaaaaa.

Great pasta salad for summer!

Deborah says:

I love all of these flavors!

Heather says:

GIRLFRIEND. This recipe ROCKS! I mean let’s be honest, I pin pretty much everything you post, but if I could pin this a billion times I totally would – I know what’s for dinner tonight!

Jon David is out of school already and dinner time really gets way from me. We end up grilling a lot because it’s easy and we can stay outside. But hello, a person can only eat so much grilled meat. This is absolutely perfect for those days!!

This salad tastes like summer. It’s quick enough to prepare that it would be easy to make it anytime time we want to.

I adore this. The flavors sound incredible and I love the fun pasta shapes!

sharon cocanour says:

really looks delish

Simple, but so tasty! Yummy!

Jenny, wow!! Another delicious recipe!!

Love the pasta shapes, always makes dinner a bit more fun!

Love it!!! Looks delicious and great for a quick dinner!!!

This sounds perfect for those nights I don’t want to heat up my house cooking in the summer.

A creamy fajita themed pasta sounds so good!

This looks incredible, Jenny! Can’t wait to try it!

Liz Mackie says:

Sounds delicious and comforting. Thank you. Have a great day!

naomi says:

Same here – summer comes and dinner goes by the wayside more often than I want to admit.

This is awesome – fast and easy.

Looks amazing!! I love these quick and easy meals that look (and taste) like they took a long time to make!

Gaby says:

love all the flavors in this one!

marla says:

Perfect pasta Jenny!

30 minutes? Yippee!! Looks like the perfect comfort food, Jenny.

nessa says:

This looks fabulous!

Lynda Taylor says:

This sounds just amazing. Love the veggies in it, so bright.

But what can I substitute for packet ranch dressing? It isn’t available here in Australia. :(

Thanks for another yummy recipe!

What an easy recipe Jenny. Love ranch dressing!

Love this! Definitely a meal that the kids will enjoy!

Debbie A. says:

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and made it last night. I used 2% milk, light cream cheese and whole wheat penne pasta. It was a huge hit! Thank you for adding another simple and delicious recipe to our family meals.

easy and delicious!! my favorite kind of dish!

Love it! I appreciate that this doesn’t use sodium-laden condensed soups, and it can easily be lightened by using skim milk and light cream cheese! I wonder how it would taste using quinoa!

What a yummy and original idea for a chicken-pasta meal! Perfect for weeknights!

This looks SO good! I love Mexican pasta dishes like this!

Rachel Cooks says:

This looks like a fantastic dish! Yum!

[...] Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta; There was one day last week that we were supposed to have chicken fajitas, but we ended up at a [...]

Caitlin says:

It looks like you’re using a combo whisk/spoon to whip up your sauce. What is this utensil called!? I would love to buy one for myself to make sauces but I’m not sure what i’m actually looking for!

TJ says:

Can’t wait to try this next weekend! I was looking through this page (http://picky-palate.com/recipe-index/) and noticed the “See all Dinners” link doesn’t work

Meggan says:

Made this for dinner the other night and it was delicious! Thank you for sharing! :)

Cheryl says:

Made this for the family last night…it was very addicting! Our picky 4 year old ate it…hooray! Will be making it again!! Thanks for the recipe!

Michele says:

Made this tonight and it turned out delicious! Husband approved as well. Yum!

Jenna says:

Had to stop and say a thanks – made this for dinner the other night and it is definitely a keeper! (So good my husband went to the grocery on the way home the next night and bought a giant bulk bottle of the ranch powder so we ‘always have the option’) Delicious hot, just as tasty cold, and it is a meal I will keep in the rotation. Thanks so much.