Let the cereal macaron baking continue! If you haven’t braved making macarons yet, might I tempt you with my newest macaron called Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons!
These are cinnamon sugary delicious with bits of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal througout the shell. Start to finish, about 45 minutes. No joke. See my Cookies and Cream Macaron post for more details and full step by step photos.
Your simple line up…almond meal/flour, egg whites, powdered sugar, granulated sugar and ground Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal. Each of these ingredients have to be measured with a food scale. That is one step that can not be left out. You can find yourself a food scale at any kitchen type store for about $30.
Let’s start by beating the egg whites, shall we?
Add your granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Takes close to 5 minutes on high.
Ahh, there we go 🙂 Set this aside for a couple minutes.
Give your cereal, powdered sugar and almond meal/flour a good stir to get ready to be sifted.
I run my mixture through a fine sieve like this, but a traditional sifter would be much faster.
Put my son to work running the ingredients through 🙂
You’ll get light and airy sifted ingredients like so.
Time to fold in your egg whites. Fold gently until combined.
You will transfer the macaron batter into a piping bag with a large round pastry tip. See my post HERE for full photos. Pipe rounds onto your parchment paper and you are ready to bake!
You’ll find these little beauties waiting for you when you pull them out of the oven. Lovely little “feet” around the edges. While they are cooling, prepare your buttercream and you are ready to enjoy!
Come to mama!
Wait until you try my Cinnamon Sugar Buttercream. Be prepared to lick the bowl clean.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons. Love!!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Macarons
- 95 grams egg whites (close to 3 large egg whites)
- 65 grams almond meal/flour
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 25 grams granulated sugar
- 45 grams finely ground up Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
Cinnamon Sugar Buttercream
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cimmanon
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Weigh your egg whites, almond flour, powdered sugar, granulated sugar and ground Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal on your food scale.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment add your weighed out egg whites, and sugar beating on medium speed. Beat on medium-high until stiff peaks form. Takes close to 5 minutes. See pictures for visuals. Set aside for a couple minutes.
- Place the powdered sugar, almond flour and cereal into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Place in a sifter or fine sieve and sift until all dry ingredients have passed through. Gently fold in the egg whites to the dry ingredients, mixing only until just combined.
- Place batter into a large pastry bag with a large round tip attached. Pipe rounds, about 1/2 inch apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Give a good tap or two of the pan to remove any bubbles.
- Bake macarons for 22-25 minutes. You’ll see a shell on top with “feet” around the edges. Let cool completely before removing. Once cooled, take an offset spatula to loosen from parchment. Pair the macarons close in size to each other to prepare for filling.
- To prepare buttercream, beat softened butter and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Add cinnamon and brown sugar to the frosting, beating until combined. Place buttercream into a medium pastry bag with a large round tip attached and pipe a dollop of frosting on the center of a macaron and top with a second macaron. Serve room temperature. Store any remaining macarons in the refrigerator.
Makes 22-24 macarons
Please note that all ovens are very different. These tips and instructions are a reflection from my kitchen and my oven. Play around with my tips but baking time may vary depending on individual oven temps. Good luck and have fun!!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.