Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sharing my easy chocolate chip cookies today! These Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff’s Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfectly buttery crisp with the slightest hint of peanut butter from the cereal. You’ve got to try these!
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
There is nothing like a batch of homemade cookies. The cookie dough, the warm cookies right out of the oven. Just doesn’t get much better! Sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes with you today that you are going to LOVE. I added some Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff’s to the dough and these are delicious!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make the best chocolate chip cookies, you want to start with the best ingredients. Make sure your eggs are fresh, you have pure vanilla extract and real butter. These are some of my must do’s when making my cookie recipes. Invest in a nice cookie sheet from your favorite kitchen store. I really enjoy the ones from Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table. It’s also helpful to have a great cookie scoop. I look for a medium sized one that gives me uniform cookies when placing onto my baking sheet.
These really are some of the best chocolate chip cookies. Love the texture with the cereal and buttery crisp edges. A family favorite for sure. I had all of my ingredients and I was ready to start my cookies!!
This dough is amazing!!!
I mean come on!!!
With this recipe, I’ve included one of my favorite simple buttercream recipes that you can use to make a chocolate chip cookie sandwich. You spread a couple tablespoons onto a cookie, top with another cookie then press some Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff’s Cereal onto the buttercream. These are decadent and perfect for entertaining your family and friends.
Be sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container, chilled in the refrigerator or at room temperature on the kitchen counter.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butters and sugars in large bowl or stand mixer. Add eggs and vanilla beating until well combined. Stir in flour, cereal, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Using a medium-large cookie scoop at least 2 tablespoons, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden edges and baked through. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring.
- If making cookie sandwiches, prepare frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar until thick and spreadable. Spoon frosting on inside of one cookie and top with a second cookie. Place Reese’s Puff Cereal on outside of frosting if desired.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.