Jun
2013

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta

Appetizers and Sides

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta by Picky Palate

I am thrilled to be partnering with Sabra Hummus today.  If you ask me what is one snack my family eats almost everyday it is hummus without a question.  We dip crackers and veggies in it all the time.  Salivating just thinking about it.

Today, I created a delicious bruschetta that is full of flavor and takes no time at all to prepare.  I suggest roasting your chicken in advance, so you can put these gorgeous toasts together in minutes for your guests.

Be sure to visit Kevinandamanda.com to see her Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Style Burritos also using Sabra Hummus.

Enjoy!

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta-1

Sabra Hummus is nice and easy to find at about any grocery store.  I love all of the varieties Sabra offers, there’s really something for everyone.  They also have Salsa.  I used the mango peach today for a sweet and spicy touch.

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta-4

Slice your baguette nice and thin then toast in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or so until toasted.

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta-9

Once your toasts are cooled spread a nice layer of hummus.

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta-12

Top your hummus layer with a touch of salsa.

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta-16t

Simple and beautiful!

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta-19t

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta

Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta by Picky Palate Ingredients

• 1 large chicken breast
  • 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 loaf baguette
  • 1/2 cup Sabra Hummus
  • 1/4 cup Sabra Mango Peach Salsa

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub chicken breast with olive oil then rub salt, pepper and cumin. Bake in small dish covered lightly with foil, for 50-60 minutes. Remove and let rest for 15 minutes before thinly slicing.
  2. Thinly slice baguette in oven for 15 minutes or until toasted to your desire. Let cool for 10 minutes.
  3. Spread a thin layer of Sabra Hummus over toasted baguette slices and top with a teaspoon of Sabra Salsa. Top with a thin slice or two of chicken breast. Serve immediately.

Makes 20+ Servings

Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Sabra Hummus but thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

Tieghan says:

Mmm! These sound and look awesome!! I love salsa, I love hummus and I love toast! Perfect!

carrian says:

that’s seriously such a good idea for lunch!

marla says:

Jenny, these look great for appetizers or a main course!

I love this appetizer! So easy and fresh. I could eat a plateful of these :)

Gaby says:

love me some Sabra hummus :)

Love Sabra hummus and that salsa is amazing!

I just love hummus!! great app!

What a great combination! I forget about hummus, but we ate a ton this weekend at my sister-in-laws. And my daughter adored it!

Such a yummy idea for bruschetta, I love it!

LOVE these cute little toasts!! That salsa sounds so fabulous!!

This looks amazing, Jenny!

Oh, those look so good!

Awesome idea for bruschetta!! I love bruschetta in all forms :)

I do not eat him as enough! I know I would love this!

Nessa says:

Sabra makes the best hummus! This is a great idea :-)

Sues says:

I love hummus, but for some reason never think to spread it on bruschetta… that will have to change ASAP!

I’d love to serve these up at a nice little picnic lunch. :)

Liz says:

So easy and I’m sure so good. Thank you and have a great day!

I have hummus in the fridge right now – I think this needs to be my snack!

Kristy says:

Mmm, love Sabra Hummus. Looks tasty!!

naomi says:

Great appetizer and so easy! I love it.

Amanda says:

What a great idea to use hummus on bruschetta!! And that mango peach salsa is the best!! :) What a fun recipe!!

Cookie says:

I love hummus! It’s a great dip and you don’t feel guilty if you eat half a cup of it in one sitting. Bruschetta was a unique idea for the hummus, and I would have never thought of pairing it with fruit salsa. Looks great though! I’ll keep this idea in mind :)

Monica says:

I never would have thought of this. It looks delicious!

I am loving the idea of combining salsa and hummus!

[...] I Wanted to Eat. This delightful appetizer, Salsa and Hummus Roasted Chicken Bruschetta [...]

[…] Two Peas and Their Pod did. Or put it on top of french bread with hummus and roasted chicken for a quick and easy Bruschetta appetizer like Jenny from Picky Palate […]