Jul
2013

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy

Tags: , ,

Drinks

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy by Picky Palate

The boys and I had so much fun making and drinking these great summer treats last week.  They were inspired by my Frozen Hot Chocolate from last year that we loved so much.  This tastes just like your classic strawberry milk but ice cold and slushy with bit of ice throughout.

I used an unsweetened vanilla almond milk for the base, but feel free to use any milk you’d like.  Once you’ve got your ingredients and blender ready, you’ll have an icy summery drink in about 5 minutes!  I made a homemade sweetened whipped cream to go on top that takes just a few minutes to prepare.  It’s the perfect creamy addition.

Enjoy friends!

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy-1

Strawberry milk reminds me so much of being a kid.  Had it all the time!

strawberry powder

Add your almond milk and strawberry powder to the blender.

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy-5

2 cups of ice please.

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy-6

Give it a good blend.  I didn’t let it blend for the entire 30 seconds.  I’d say a good 10 seconds.

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy-10

Pour the slushy into your favorite glass…..cute paper straw totally optional :)

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy by Picky Palate

A little whipped cream on top and you are ready to dig in!

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy by Picky Palate

Enjoy.

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy

Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy by Picky Palate Ingredients

• 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 cup strawberry milk powder
  • 2 cups ice cubes
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 teaspoons granulated sugar

Directions

1. Place almond milk, strawberry powder and ice cubes into a high powered blender, blending until well combined and ice crushed but not completely blended. With our Blendtec, I gave it about 10 seconds. Pour into glasses.
  2. To prepare the fresh whipped cream, beat heavy whipping cream and sugar until thick and creamy. Place dollops of fresh whipped cream on top of each slushy.

Makes 6 Servings

Comments

I havent had Strawberry Nesquik in easily 20 years – and now I want some! :) You sold me!

That strawberry-flavored Nesquik was simply the best over my vanilla ice cream when I was a kid! This looks like it is pretty much the same deal only lovelier and a touch more refined, haha! YUM! Thanks for the great idea!

Hoe fun! This looks awesome!

Such a pretty drink!

carrian says:

Lately the girls have been begging to put ice in their milk. I can’t lie, I always say no. I think I’ll have to buy some nesquick and make them this!!

Extra whip on mine, please! ;)

Deborah says:

You don’t even know how much my kids would love this!!

tanya1234 says:

looks sooooooooo delic

marla says:

Ooooooo. Love these pretty pink shakes!

Love it!!! So Pretty and reminds me how much I adore strawberry milk!!!

Tieghan says:

So pretty!! I want this for breakfast!

i love the color!! i’ve never had strawberry milk before but i bet i would love it :)

Brianna says:

Love the fact that you used vanilla almond milk! One of my favorite ingredients.

Ohhhhhh, I need to make a slushy with my Blendtec. What a fun drink!!

Looks fabulous and refreshing!
    Your shots are so awesome too!
    Yummy!
    Thank you Jenny!

All my heart,
    Deborah xo

Terri says:

This would be the perfect summer treat for my girls! They would love it!

Well this color definitely grabbed my attention!! Looks awesome!

naomi says:

Ihave to do this with my little guy! He only drinks almond milk and we haven’t done many milkshakes with it so this is a perfect one to add to the repertoire.

SOOO perfect!! Love strawberry almond milk.

Chels R. says:

This looks perfect for my Daughter Eden’s 5th b-day next month. Do you think if I made a big batch of this, it would work in one of those drink jars with the dispenser? Or should it be drank right away??

Hi Chels,
      It would definitely lose it’s slushy-ness in a big jar :) I would serve this one right away to get the full effect :)

Nessa says:

Can you use regular milk instead of almond?

Jenn says:

Yum – I love strawberry milk!

What a great summertime treat! These look luscious!

Strawberry “bunny milk” has a special place in my heart so I was ecstatic to see this post

I think my boys would even drink up this pinkity pink drink!

I love the color of these! What a simple but pretty drink!

Aggie says:

I am really loving this!! I could use one every afternoon :)

this is pure childhood!! so cute!!

Marian says:

Looks amazing!

katie says:

Mmmm I haven’t had strawberry nesquick in years… must make this milk slushy!

luizinha fernandes says:

homemade sweetened whipped cream > How do you make homemade sweetened whipped cream at home. email me.thanks This drink looks good
    Lou

Can’t wait to give this a try! LOVE strawberry!

Everything in that picture looks perfect. The drink looks delicious and the glass it’s in is adorable! : )

[...] take one of my recipes on Picky Palate and update it using Simply Orange with Banana.  I chose my Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy.  How perfect to use juice!  It turned out [...]

June says:

HOW MANY CALORIES FOR THE STRAWBERRY Milk Slushy?? thanks ♥

Sunshine says:

Oh wow, this looks delicious! My 4 year old would LOVE it! He’s a huge fan of strawberry milk. I’ll definitely be trying this one!

I must go into a website at which I’ll chat with families with these people be affected by my best blogs. Possibly not bebo as well as facebook or twitter. THAT I made an effort doodlekit nonetheless mainly blogs I was able to get happen to be approximately international heating up along with guns. I’d prefer some at which that we can available an account along with claim whatever Personally i think and individuals be affected by my best blogs along with I’ll be affected by there’s. Any time any one could help people that could be terrific!.

[...] frozen strawberry milk slushy. [...]

[…] 10. Frozen Strawberry Milk Slushy […]