Sharing my favorite ice cream sandwich recipe today! This Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich is the perfect sweet treat this summer to keep nice and cool!
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
This cookie ice cream sandwich is so much fun to prepare and the whole family loves them. You can even prepare these ahead of time, wrap and freeze until ready to serve. The perfect summer treat! Hope you enjoy!
How To Make Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Start by creaming your butter and granulated sugar.
Add your brown sugar.
One large egg next.
A nice splash of vanilla.
Time for the dry ingredients.
M&M’s!!! This dough is my favorite!
Scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Let cool completely and place a large scoop of ice cream in the middle.
Ah! Enjoy friends!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M’s Mini’s Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mixing to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and mini M&M’s.
- With medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Place large scoop of vanilla ice cream in between two cookies and serve.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.