Sharing my favorite ice cream sandwich recipe today! This Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich is the perfect sweet treat this summer to keep nice and cool!
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
This cookie ice cream sandwich is so much fun to prepare and the whole family loves them. You can even prepare these ahead of time, wrap and freeze until ready to serve. The perfect summer treat! Hope you enjoy!
Try my Best M&M Cookies recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How To Make Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Start by creaming your butter and granulated sugar.
Add your brown sugar.
One large egg next.
A nice splash of vanilla.
Time for the dry ingredients.
M&M’s!!! This dough is my favorite!
Scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Let cool completely and place a large scoop of ice cream in the middle.
Ah! Enjoy friends!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M’s Mini’s Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mixing to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and mini M&M’s.
- With medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Place large scoop of vanilla ice cream in between two cookies and serve.
I just like the helpful information you supply in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more right here regularly. I am fairly certain I will learn a lot of new stuff right right here! Good luck for the following!|
Oh my holy goodness!!! This looks wonderful! I just want to stuff it into my mouth!!!
Mini M&M’s are the best for cookies! These look amazing and perfect for summer.
I’m just getting ready to make some ice cream cookie sandwiches myself this week, and now I think I need to put some M&M’s in them. I just love the fun colors, and the flavor of course.
Chocolate chip mint baking bits?!? I have some serious hunting to do at my grocery store!!! These look sinful!
Jenny, you had me at “double chocolate!” M&Ms and ice cream don’t hurt either! 🙂 These are a great summertime treat!
These are so fun, my kids would LOVE ’em! Definitely the best way to stay cool amid this crazy heat! 🙂
Gosh I love homemade ice cream sandwiches.
So cool that M&M’s has their own Pinterest page. I’m going to check it out now.
Okay, okay you got me…I need this immediately!!
MnMs make the prettiest cookies!
These are so cute!!! My boys would love these!!
Who wouldn’t love ice cream sandwiched between two delicious cookies!
I’m seriously drooling right now! These look like perfection!!!
I love this especially because there’s ice cream involved – and M&Ms – yes! Win win!
Jenny, these look so yummy! I need to make these for our pool party tonight – our cousins are coming through town from St. Louis!
Double the cookie = double the love!
These look amazing, but I’d have a hard time not eating that cookie dough with a spoon!!
We are headed to the lake this week and these would be the perfect treat to make for my nieces and nephews!
I want that sammich! I have not yet seen the baking bits, but clearly I need them in my life. Putting them on the shopping list now.
If you gave this to me, I’m not sure I could resist!! The perfect summer cool-down treat!
Hard to get better than this Jenny!