Aug
2013

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower

Tags: , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower-9t

If you are not a cauliflower fan I am about to turn you into one.  There’s something magical that happens when this beautiful white vegetable gets roasted.  The golden brown color brings a flavor like no other.

There’s the most charming little vegetarian restaurant down the street from my house called Zinc Cafe.  They serve a roasted cauliflower my mom and I go nuts for.  Perfectly roasted and full of flavor.  I finally decided I am going to make it at home so I could enjoy it anytime.

Wait until you try it, you won’t be able to stop munching….and it’s a cruciferous vegetable so the more the merrier :)

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower 1

You start with a nice large head of cauliflower.  Cut the florets off of the head like so.

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower-4

Drizzle lightly with olive oil.

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower-5

Careful not to over-do-it with the olive oil.  Just a light drizzle does the trick.

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower-6

Season with kosher salt.

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower 3

A touch of garlic salt and some freshly ground black pepper.  Roast in the oven….

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower-10t

….until you get a little something fabulous like this.  Can’t.Stop.Eating.

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower-11t

Enjoy!

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower-9tIngredients

• 1 head cauliflower, about 2 1/2 pounds
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Cut florets off of cauliflower head. Slice each head in half lengthwise. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt. With large spoon, toss to coat.
  3. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and with spoon, stir and flip florets.  Change oven’s heat to broil and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Makes 8 Servings

Comments

Wonderful side dish, Jenny!

leslie says:

Oh my. I do love cauliflower…but I bet I would love it even more roasted!

Looks delicious. I have yet to find a veggie that I didn’t like roasted. I never liked brussel sprouts until my Mom introduced them to me roasted. BAM! I love em now.

Tieghan says:

These look awesome! Perfect easy snack or side dish!

I adore roasted cauliflower! Such a simple and yummy side dish or snack!

I love cauliflower – one of my favorite veggies! And this looks totally amazing – I’m sure I’ll love it even more now! ;)

One of my favorite sides!

Amanda says:

I went to the grocery store to get cauliflower because the recipe was calling me name… and they were OUT!! WTHeck??? So now I cant get your recipe out of my head. Its look delish!

-I’ve never thought of doing this.

Fabulous! Creative! & Healthy!

josie says:

so delish, try the last few minutes of cooking to add some freshly grated parmesean cheese..it takes it to a whole new level!

I agree with you! Something magical happens inside the oven when veggies are roasted :) i love this!

Jenna says:

Pinning! Making soon!

looks great Jenny! I love this!

Liz says:

Nice recipe for serving cauliflower. Thank you.

So freaking perfect. I can’t wait for you to ship me some.

Roasted cauliflower is the best! I eat it like popcorn! :)

Shannon says:

You have no idea how happy I was to see this post this morning. I received a head of cauliflower in my CSA box and had no idea what to do with it that didn’t involved coating it with something. This looks super simple and quick!

DeLalloFoods says:

Simple & delicious–perfect combination! Can’t wait to use this recipe!

This has GOT to be the most gorgeous cauliflower I have ever seen!!

nina says:

I love roasted cauliflower! My kids love it too (including a very picky eater). Try drizzling with lemon juice or your fave vinegar when it comes out of the oven – it’s really good! I first got onto roasted cauliflower when I tried deep-fried cauliflower at a Lebanese restaurant (f you ever have a chance, try it – it’s absolutely amazing). I decided to try roasting it to try to reproduce the taste and found that we all loved this version!

I make roasted cauliflower at least once a week! I toss it with a little whole grain mustard…delish! Now, I need to try it with garlic!

Oh, I LOVE roasted veggies! I do this same thing with broccoli and brussels sprouts, too.

Cauliflower is like the hidden gem of summer vegetables. We love it roasted, too!

Madison says:

Amazing and healthy side dish. Count me in!

Chels R. says:

I love cauliflower, but I’ve never roasted it. Looks like I need to get on it!

Julie says:

You are so right! I never liked cauliflower in the least until a friend roasted it and I gave it another try. Now, I am not only a fan, but an addict! The same treatment converted me to Brussels sprouts too! It’s so nice to add new veggies to my rotation.

Sues says:

What a great way to enjoy cauliflower!!

Angie says:

If you turn the oven a little hotter, you won’t need to broil. I think I do 400, maybe 425.

I have never roasted cauliflower and it looks just fabulous!

marla says:

This really brings out the flavors in cauliflower!

This looks wonderful! I cannot resist roasted cauliflower. It totally transforms itself and becomes so much more delicious and tasty. Totally irresistible.

Gaby says:

I’m obsessed with cauliflower – and this is totally perfect

Jeanette says:

Roasted cauliflower is addictive isn’t it! It’s one of my kids’ favorites and I’m so glad since it’s so good for you. Looks fantastic!

[…] cauliflower.  This is my favorite.  So flavorful!  Here is the […]

Yvette says:

This easy recipe was fabulous! I added capers and dusted the top with a little parmesan
    cheese. Thanks!

Lindy says:

Just made it this evening. It was delicious!! We devoured it all! Much better than just cooking the cauliflower imho :) Thank you for the recipe!

[…] radish We’ve got a bumper crop of these lovely, mild radishes. Gilfeather rutabaga casserole Roasted Cauliflower Pretty sure this will turn you into a cauliflower fan if you’re not already! Brussels sprouts  A […]

[…] Roasted Garlic Cauliflower […]

Isabellesmom says:

First off, I’d like to say I don’t normally leave comments, however this is the best thing ever! I was skeptical at first BC I have never really like cauliflower raw or cooked, but I am hooked. I’ve made it three times now putting a new little spin on it each time and it just gets better and better. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Isabellesmom, thank you for commenting. I love hearing about the successes. We love these at our house also and are a couple weeks overdue from making them again. :)

Chris montalvo says:

Just made this tonight. WOW. Delicious!

MARY says:

SE VEN ANTOJABLES LOS VOY A PROBAR YA QUE NO ME GUSTAN TANTO LOS VEGETALES GRACIAS POR LA RECETA

[…] Roasted Garlic Cauliflower from Picky Palate […]

[…] I started cooking quinoa (3 cups once cooked), and brown rice (2 cups once cooked), then made some garlic roasted cauliflower (another one of the Picky Palate’s recipes). If you don’t like cauliflower I think you […]

Vanessa says:

It’s it good cold?

[…] 4 cups/32 ounces roasted cauliflower florets […]

Jessica says:

I made this last night as a side for steaks, and my family loved it (even my picky 7 year old)! We’re new at low-carbing, and using this recipe, we didn’t miss potatoes at all :) This is so quick and easy, and has loads more flavor and character than the raw or steamed cauliflower I’m used to. Great recipe!