Sharing a favorite chicken vegetable soup today! My Lemon Chicken Quinoa Vegetable Soup is sure to warm you right up! Packed with chunks of chicken and lots of vegetables.
Chicken Vegetable Soup
There’s nothing like a big pot of chicken vegetable soup! This is such a hearty healthy homemade soup recipe you are going to love! To simplify, I used the chunk canned chicken from Costco and some leftover quinoa I had in the refrigerator. A rotisserie chicken would be great for this soup too. It took no time at all to prepare. Hearty and comforting, hope you enjoy this healthy new soup recipe!
Try my Weeknight Chicken Noodle Soup recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Start with lots of beautiful carrots, celery and onion. Cook and stir until softened, about 10 minutes.
Add your chicken. I also threw in some edamame that I had in the refrigerator. If you’ve got a Trader Joe’s near you, you can buy a bag of edamame like this already removed from the pod. LOVE them! I always have a bag in my freezer.
Add your quinoa up next.
Pour in your chicken broth, season and enjoy!! See recipe below for remaining details.
- Use a rotisserie chicken or chunk chicken to speed up your prep time making soup. I like to stock up on rotisserie chicken, de-bone it and keep it in a ziplock refrigerated during the week. It’s great for soups and lots of other quick fix dinner ideas.
- Pre-chop your vegetables if possible, another huge time saver.
- Cook your quinoa the day before for even more time saving the day of cooking.
- Serve with a nice side salad and crusty bread for dipping.
- Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Lemon Chicken Quinoa Vegetable Soup
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup edemame removed from pod
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce I used Cholula
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Place oil into a large Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add carrots, onion and celery. Cook and stir until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add edamame, chicken quinoa, chicken broth, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic salt, hot sauce and smoked paprika, stirring to combine. Let simmer for 15 minutes, until hot.
- Season with pinches of more salt and pepper according to taste. Serve hot.