Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Sep
2013

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes

Tags: , , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

My Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes are the perfect way to brighten your day!  Swirls of Nutella throughout? Yes please :)

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes by Picky Palate

There’s something about a giant stack of pancakes that makes my heart so happy.  Syrup dripping down the sides, I just died, lol!

Not kidding when I say these are one of the best pancakes I’ve had.  Bites of banana with swirls of Nutella throughout make for one heck of a breakfast.  Do yourself a favor and whip up a stack today.

Enjoy friends!

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-1

Here’s  your line up of ingredients.  Nice and simple.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-2

Grab your favorite mixing bowl and start by adding the flour.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-3

Oatmeal.  Love the texture it adds.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-4

A little sugar please.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-5

Some lovely buttermilk.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-7

A wild splash of vanilla up next.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-8

Mashed banana, egg and coconut oil.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-9

Oh for the love of Nutella.

Nutella

Add your Nutella and gently swirl into the batter.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-12

In a hot non-stick skillet, spoon your batter into the pan, forming a circle with the batter.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-13

Once golden, flip and cook the second side.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-18t

Stack em’ up baby!

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-19t

Drizzle your syrup on top.

Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes-20t

• 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup Nutella

Directions

1. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, sugar, banana, buttermilk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla, stirring until well combined. Gently stir in Nutella, only swirling. Do not fully mix in.
  2. Spoon batter into a hot non stick skillet over medium heat. With spoon, form the batter into a round pancake working quickly. Let cook for about 1 minute, until batter starts to bubble and set up. Flip and cook for an additional minute, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and continue cooking remaining pancakes.
  3. Serve pancakes with syrup and fruit.

Makes 8 pancakes

This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

Nutella for breakfast sounds like a GREAT idea to me!

Nutella in pancakes!? Can’t think of a better way to start the day!

Such a shame that we’re out of Nutella. Need to remedy that right away!

Jenna says:

These look soo good!! Plan on making them for the kiddo this weekend

These look divine!

Tieghan says:

These look just too good. I need them!

Amanda says:

Love these!!! I am such a sucker for a good pancake!

DYING!! I need breakfast at YOUR house!!

These pancakes sure would make my heart happy…and my tummy. They look perfect.

Thank goodness I don’t have any Nutella in the house!!! YUM!

yummmmm!! i think i need to come over and help you with that stack! haha ;)

Oh, wow! Love the sound of these pancakes, Jenny! Banana and chocolate are a match made in heaven! :)

Jill McAfee says:

Can I use regular cooking oil instead of the coconut oil… is it the same measurement?

marla says:

Love that you added oatmeal to these lovely pancakes!

Hope says:

I made these this morning and they were totally flat! They tasted great, but we’re flat and kind of ‘wet’. I double checked the recipe and the only thing I did different was that I made buttermilk with milk and lemon juice. Any ideas on what I could have done wrong? I really want to perfect them…so yummy!

Gaby says:

HECK YES!! I’m coming over for pancake day next time you make these!

I’ll take a GIANT stack of these pancakes, pa-lease?!

naomi says:

My favorite breakfast–and with Nutella and bananas??! I’m in for sure!!

Oh Jenny – this looks DIVINE!!!

I am totally going to whip up these pancakes this weekend, thanks!

I am all over these! LOVE this flavour!

Totally irresistible! I want a big stack for dinner, hehe!

Ahhhh, wish this could have been my breakfast today!

That’s it. I’m making these tomorrow!! Awesome recipe, Jenny.

Ashley says:

These look amazing! The nutella swirl puts them over the edge!

Those sound great! I just made something similar http://celebratingsweets.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/whole-wheat-banana-nutella-pancakes/ but I love that you added oats. Bananas and Nutella are a match made in heaven!

i honestly dreamed about these after i saw them yesterday

Korinne says:

Omg these pancakes were yummy!!! A hit with even my daughter who doesn’t like pancakes!’

Rica says:

Can I use white whole wheat flour for this?

Alyssa says:

I’m drooling. This is exactly what I want to eat every single morning. If only I had someone to make them for me, and I could just stay in bed ;-)

Maegan @ The BakerMama says:

I’m definitely drooling and bit obsessed the combo in these pancakes! I’ve got to make these ASAP!

Jamie says:

These sound amazing! Too bad they’re not diabetic-friendly. :( If anyone else is interested in diabetic recipes, feel free to visit my blog http://www.BetterOffHealthy.com.

Ric says:

Vc será a culpada por não conseguir perder peso ahahahaa

Connie says:

Syrup? Who needs syrup? Spread on more Nutella! I bet this would be delicious with Peanut Butter & Co’s Dark Chocolate Dreams, as well.

Karm says:

Yumm. These pancakes look so good. My sons loves nutella, so I hope they like this too (: Thanks for sharing

I enjoy killing babies with toothbrushes

Dianne says:

What can I substitute the coconut oil with?

Cyndi says:

Made these for breakfast this morning and the family loved them!! Thank You! Nutella is always a plus in my book! Also just got your cookbook! Can’t tell you how excited I am to cook some of your recipes. Yummy!!!

[…] Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes […]

[…] Banana Nutella Oatmeal Pancakes- Picky Palate […]

[…] Banana Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes from Picky Palate […]

Tracy says:

These look AMAZING! Unfortunately we have a coconut allergy in our house :( Would you replace the coconut oil with just regular vegetable oil? Butter? Yogurt?

[…] here for: Banana, Nutella and Oatmeal Pancakes. […]

Karen says:

I made these pancakes this morning and they were so yummy! I even took out a cup of the batter before the Nutella and added blueberries for my 16mo old son. Even those turned out fantastic! I believe it would make a great base for a lot of different pancakes. This will be my new go-to pancake recipe. Thank you!

Bonnie says:

Do you think I could make the batter the night before and keep it in the fridge until the next morning? Can’t wait to try these!