Sep
2013

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes

Tags: ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Make someone’s day a little brighter with my Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes by Picky Palate

I’m such a sucker for a decadent pancakes.  Iced pancakes?!  Talk about a treat.  Please note, pure maple syrup is great too :)

I used a family favorite dessert, “blueberry crumble” as the inspiration for my pancakes today.  I thought, why not make them into pancakes?  I added my favorite vanilla granola to the pancake batter which gives that great “crumble” texture throughout.  Bursts of blueberries with each bite make these pancakes a real treat.

Hope you enjoy!

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-16

Here’s your ingredient line-up minus the icing.  I combined part whole wheat and part all purpose Gold Medal Flours for a great texture.  So excited for you to try this recipe!

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-17

Grab your favorite mixing bowl and start by adding the ingredients.  We’ll start with the all purpose flour.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-18

Whole wheat flour up next.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-19

Toss in the granola.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-20

Add the sugar, baking soda and salt.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-21

Pour in your almond milk.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-22

A splash of vanilla.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-24

Add one egg then give the batter a good mix.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-27

Add your pretty blueberries.  I used frozen today.  Fresh is fine too.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-28

Mmmm :)

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-29

Give a gentle stir and watch the swirls of purple throughout the batter.

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-31t

A nice tall stack of pancakes.  Makes 8 pancakes.  (my son snatched one which is why there’s only 7 here)

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-34t

Icing makes everything better.  Enjoy!

Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes-36t

• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

Icing

• 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2-4 teaspoons almond milk

Directions

1. Heat medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flours, granola, sugar, baking soda, salt, almond milk, egg and vanilla. Stir to combine then gently stir in blueberries. In batches spoon batter into hot skillet, forming a round pancake. After about 2 minutes, when batter starts to bubble on top, flip and cook for an additional minute or two, until cooked through. Continue until all pancakes have been cooked. Keep warm.
  3. To prepare icing, whisk powdered sugar and almond milk until thick and creamy. Drizzle on top of pancakes if desired. Use maple syrup if desired as well.

Makes 8 Servings

This is a sponsored post with Gold Medal Flour but thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

I am a sucker for blueberry pancakes of any kind! We live near a restaurant that is known for its fancy pancake creations that we love to go to so I agree that decadent pancakes are awesome. I love the little cake stand the pancakes are on too!!

Tieghan says:

I love that you added granola to these! That is son fun and perfect since I have a huge batch that needs to be used up! Breakfast tomorrow!

These are the fluffiest looking pancakes. I’m definitely craving some pancakes with blueberries and granola after this recipe and Maria’s recipe yesterday. So yummy!

Too funny! I posted blueberry granola pancakes on Wed! I think we need to do breakfast! Next week:)

They look fabulous! Saw Maria’s blueberry pancakes on Wednesday too. I think you all are trying to turn me into pancake lovers.

Jenny, these look simply delicious! I love the addition of granola!

I don’t know which part of these is more of my favorite – because the icing is just singing to me, the blueberries are makign me smile and the granola is totally appealing to the health freak alter-ego side of me. Talk about heavenly, Jenny!

gah!! these are to die for with that icing melting down the sides!

I love your addition of granola in these blueberry pancakes!! They look so good with that icing dripping all over it!

marla says:

Now this is some awesome stack of pancakes!!

We’re granola twins today! Totally wishing I had a stack of these gorgeous pancakes to keep my company this morning!!!

I need you at MY house in the mornings!! These are too fabulous.

Can’t wait for a stack of these for breakfast tomorrow!

The granola in this is the best! Definitely need ot make this over the weekend!

Blueberry pancakes are my favorite! What a treat this recipe is!

Jenn says:

Oh wow, these sound DIVINE :)

I know what I want for breakfast tomorrow!

Know what I am making for Sunday breakfast!! These look amazing! Love your site!

Marian says:

What a perfect idea! Love these!

Helene says:

The pancakes we make in Quebec are very thin, they are called crêpes. But I would indulge in yours.

Deborah says:

I’m totally drooling!

Yeah I basically want to die in that.

Denise says:

Hello,

Someone just turned me on to your blog and also “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook (also a blog). I’m so excited to look through your blog. Denise

[…] Iced blueberry Crumble Pancakes (Kalebs b-day breakfast) […]

Omigosh. I love regular blueberry pancakes, but these look absolutely amazing. Seems like I’ll be making a decadent breakfast as soon as I go home for break!

[…] Picky Palate…Iced Blueberry Crumble Pancakes […]

It’s an awesome article for all the web people; they
    will take benefit from it I am sure.