Oct
2013

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

Try these White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies for a decadent Fall dessert!

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies by Picky Palate

I am such a blondie fan.  These dense brownie-like bars of goodness have melted white chocolate and chunks of gingersnap cookies throughout.  Talk about a dream.

To make matters even sweeter, I’ve drizzled melted white chocolate over top.  Nothing like making dessert dramatic.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-16

Here’s your ingredient line-up minus Grandma’s Molasses–she was late to the party.  I used coconut oil but you can substitute vegetable, canola or even extra virgin olive oil if you’d like.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-18

Let’s get started shall we?

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-20

Take your lovely white chips….

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-21

Pour your white chips in some melted hot butter.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-23

Let the chips sit in the hot butter for a minute or two, and then stir until melted and smooth.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-24

Pour in the sugar.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-25

2 lovely eggs.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-26

A touch of coconut oil.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-35

Some molasses.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-27

Time for the dry ingredients.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-28

Gingersnaps!

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-29

Place your gingersnaps in a Ziploc bag and crush until almost ground.  I use a wooden rolling pin.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-30

Add to the bowl.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-31

Lovely.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-32

Add more white chips please.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-33

This batter is to die for.  That is all.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies-34

Pour your batter into an 8×8 inch parchment lined baking dish….and time to bake.

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies by Picky Palate
Enjoy friends!

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies

White Chocolate Gingersnap Blondies by Picky PalateIngredients

Drizzle

• 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1-2 teaspoons vegetable oil

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
  2. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Stir in ¾ Cup white chips until melted and smooth. Add the sugar, eggs, coconut oil and molasses. Mix to combine. Add flour, crushed gingersnaps, baking powder, salt and ½ Cup white chips. Pour into the dry ingredient bowl along with the melted white chip mixture. Mix until just combined.
  3. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until baked through.  Let blondies cool completely.  Melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips in microwave.  Add 1-2 teaspoons vegetable oil to thin out.  Drizzle over each serving if desired.

Makes 12 bars

This post contains affiliate links

Comments

LOVE this, especially the gingersnap crumbs! I’m sure I could eat the entire pan!

Aww man, this looks awesome! Love it!

These look like some mighty fine blondies and anything with ginger in them has to be good. Right?

Amanda says:

Anything with white chocolate and I am sold! These look gorgeous… and that picture with the topping spilling over… amazing!

Blondies are my favorite baked good to bake, yet I’ve never make them with gingersnaps – thank you for this wonderful recipe!

Madison says:

YUM! I love the addition of gingersnaps and have not seen that before. Perfect Fall/Holiday baking right here!

I love using coconut oil! Gotta try these!

Blondie’s are my favorite treat! Love the addition of gingersnaps! Great for fall!

You had me at white chocolate! This looks beyond-good!!! Love it, thanks for sharing.

Carrian says:

Oh my goodness! I love white chocolate and gingersnaps! These look so good!

You had me at white chocolate, Lady. ;)

This sounds delicious! I love gingersnaps & white chocolate.

oh Jenny- you never stop surprising me with your endless dessert bars! these look great!

These look marvelous!! Love the use of coconut oil and gingersnaps. YUM!!!

Marian says:

Such a brilliant, sweet idea, Jenny!

marla says:

Jenny these look great & I LOVE using coconut oil in baking too :)

I’ve died and gone to blondie heaven!!

I love ginger snaps and I love that you incorporated them in these blondie bars!

Holy cow! These look positively amazing, Jenny. Blondies are great on their own, but gingersnaps put them over the top!

These look fantastic, Jenny! I’m a huge fan of ginger-flavored anything and am adding these to my holiday baking list!

Oooooooh….I am totally crushing on these gingersnap blondies!I’ll take a dozen!

I love anything gingersnap, pinning! Looks amazing!

Liz says:

I love all blondies, but this one sounds really super. Thanks.

JulieD says:

Jennyyyyyy, these look amazing!! I want some! :)

These look phenomenal! I love gingersnaps!

Nada says:

This may be a completely dumb question but do you drizzle the melted white chocolate right out of the oven or do you wait until the blondies have cooled down?

Also does the coconut oil give a distinct coconutty taste in the final product, these look absolutely delicious.

naomi says:

I love gingersnaps, so that in a blondie – I’m all over it!

I love the way these look Jenny!!! I’ve just got to make these for Little Buddy – he will love them!!!

Ginersnaps are seriously my FAVORITE!! These bars so so perfect for Fall.

Nessa says:

Droool :)

Love gingersnaps! What a great dessert, Jenny!

Blondies are becoming my favorite food items to look at. Huge, moist chunk of cookie with a drizzle of something sweet? God bless it. Yours look divine!

Great use of creativity Jenny. These made my hungry again (after dinner and a bowl of popcorn!)…

These are just gorgeous…and I can only imagine equally as delicious!

[…] recipe adapted from Picky Palate, here. I did change a few things, because I prefer honey to the use of molasses and cut the sugar down […]

deanna says:

I just made this and it is so yummy! I used an 8×8 pan because I don’t have an 8×11 – but they turned out perfectly. :-)

Love blondies! These look like something I will definitely have to try :-)

Ann says:

We just made these today and they are AWESOME!! It notes 8×11 and 8×8 pan – we used 8×8 and it worked just fine.

Clara says:

That looks absolutely delish!! Going to try this very soon…your food photography is superb :)

The melted white chocolate over the top is an excellent touch.