Break out your slow cookers and treat the family to my Slow Cooker Beef and Chorizo Chili!
There’s nothing like a nice bowl of warm chili during the cold winter months. I LOVE using my new KitchenAid Slow Cooker. Not only is it gorgeous, but you can set your temperatures and times! Dream come true. Seriously.
The chili I have for you today is thick and meaty. So great with some avocado, cilantro and tortilla chips for dipping. If you are feeding a crowd, this is a great recipe to serve your guests. It’s sure to warm everyone right up.
A little note….be careful about the chorizo you choose, some can be quite spicy. You can always substitute sausage if you want to go completely mild
Start by sautéing your onions and browning your beef and chorizo. The kitchen smells amazing
Add your broth, tomatoes, tomato paste and beans.
Seasonings are up next. Give a good stir and transfer to your slow cooker.
Set your timer for 2-5 hours, whatever works for your schedule. The longer is simmers the better it tastes!
Love how the lid is split so you can open one side. Perfect for sampling
Slow Cooker Beef and Chorizo Chili
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 3-5 hours | Total time: 5 hour 30 min
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound chorizo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 10 ounce cans Rotel tomatoes, mild
- 3 15 ounce cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced avocado, cilantro and tortilla chips for garnish
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Heat oil in large dutch oven. Saute onion for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened. Add beef and chorizo, stirring and cooking until browned. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to slow cooker and cook on low for 2-5 hours.
- Top bowls of chili with avocado, cilantro, tortilla chips and sour cream if desired.
Makes 12 Servings
See Widget Below to enter Giveaway: