Feb
2014

Chit Chat Twenty Third Edition, Top 10 Things You HAVE to Eat at Disneyland

Chit Chat |

Happy Friday! Happy Valentine’s Day!

We are at Disneyland today, be sure to follow me on Instagram to see the fun :)  Talking about the Top 10 Things You HAVE to Eat at Disneyland today!

Top 10 Things You HAVE to Eat at Disneyland

Since we are spending the weekend at Disneyland I thought it would be appropriate to highlight my favorite eats at Disneyland.  Let’s take a look shall we?  The castle just never gets old does it?

Disneyland Churro

First and foremost Disneyland is not Disneyland without eating your fair share of churros.  There’s just something about Disneyland’s churros that are irresistible and highly addictive :)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich

Likely my favorite treat at Disneyland…..the chocolate peanut butter sandwich.  You can find this at a number of places at Disneyland, however my favorite is at Pooh Corner Bakery in Critter Country.  It’s just kind of a tradition and I would hate to break tradition :)

Disneyland Chocolate S'mores Bar

Nearly as delicious is the chocolate s’mores bar.  Crispy chocolate with a layer of soft marshmallow and graham cracker at the bottom.  Mmmm!  Ordered this at Pooh Corner Bakery as well.

Disneyland Mickey Caramel Apple

I don’t get these much, but I do love looking at all of the cute apples that Disney offers.  These are displayed from Pooh Corner Bakery as well.

IMG_9485

One more from Pooh Corner Bakery is the White Chocolate and Chocolate Chip Cookie.  I have to say, there has been times it’s a bit on the dry side, but if you happen to get a fresh one…..sooo good :)

Paradise-Garden-Grill-California-Adventure-2

My husband’s favorite thing to order is this flaky Baklava from Paradise Grill in California Adventure.  I know it’s not technically Disneyland, but we always do both parks when we visit!  Be sure to try this one! Totally surprised us.  We are not even baklava fans and this completely changed our minds :)  UPDATE: 3/2014 – on our recent trip to Paradise Grill we ordered a baklava and was disappointed in it.  Upon asking the workers, we found out they recently changed the recipe.  Now, there’s a thick pavement like layer of walnuts that ruins this once desired treat.  NO LONGER RECOMMENDED!!!  Go HERE to see a new item we recommend.

Pomme Frites from Cafe Orleans

Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square has some of the best french fries in the park.  They are the Pomme Frites.  Pleeaaase order another side of the dipping sauce.  It’s so good and isn’t nearly enough :)

Disneyland's Monte Cristo Sandwich

If you are a Disney goer you have heard of the famous Monte Cristo Sandwich.  You can order it at Cafe Orleans as we did here, or also at Blue Bayou.  It is absolutely sinful.  Deep fried ham, turkey and cheese sandwich dusted with powdered sugar, dipped in a berry puree.  Weeeeee!

Disneyland's Dole Whip

The beloved Dole Whip from the Tiki Juice Bar!  A must!

Disneyland's Corndog Truck

You can’t beat The Corndog Truck on Mainstreet!  The greasiest, crispiest best corn dogs you’ve ever had.  Gotta try these!

Flos-V8-Cafe-Review-12

I know it’s not food, but I can’t wait for Radiator Springs this weekend!  Such a fun ride at Disneyland…..worth the long line.

94e3c9fa1c0d11e3b50722000a1fbd1f_7

Disneyland wouldn’t be the same without my crazy family of boys.  This was one of the last trips we took before we moved to AZ. We’ll see if I can bribe them to take pictures with me this time, lol!

IMG_9310

Have a great weekend, I’ll be sure to eat some extra churros for you!  See you Monday with a new recipe :)

Oh, did I miss any of your favorite Disney eats?? I’d love to hear your favorites :)

Comments

And now I’m STARVING!!

What a fun food adventure!

marla says:

Very cute post!! You are the queen of Disneyland girl!

Shandi says:

Oh man! So good all of it ! You missed the clam chowder in a bread bowl and the steak gumbo in a bread bowl they are soooooo good my husband and I must get the clam chowder every time we go! Right after we get off pirates! I really want to try that monte cristo now!

Alisa says:

For me, when I go to Disneyland, a MUST is ice cream at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour. Soooo good! If I’m at California Adventure, I’ll get it at Burrrrrbank, but it’s better at Gibson Girl!

Jaime says:

Just heard that at coke corner there is a mac and cheese hot dog! have to try that! Dland popcorn is the best. At Christmas I HAVE to have peppermint ice cream in a dipped cone!

Marilee says:

…headed there with some grands in a very short time..excited..thanks so much for the tips…going to go back to your other posts and make my list….

Tanya Money says:

The beignets at Cafe Orleans or Ralph Brennan’s in Downtown Disney.

Gaby says:

Now I am starving and my cravings will not be met unless I get to Disney Land!

Have fun and eat a cookie for me! xo

Kacie says:

My absolutely favorite kind of blog post!!

Lauren W says:

So glad you posted this! My hubby and I are thinking of taking our littles there for Christmas. Have you been at Christmas, and if so is it too crowded or is the holiday manic worth it?

Ellen says:

I’ve never been to Disneyland, but I lived vicariously through your blog post! YUM! Thanks for sharing Jenny!

Kristen says:

Lately we are hooked on the Mickey beignets at the Mint Julep Bar as well as the fritters at Royal Street Veranda. You can’t forget about the Gold Rush at Ghirardelli, even though it is techincally at DCA.

Julie Summerhays says:

The Beignets and Mint Juleps – we LOVE the Mint Juleps!!!

Whitney says:

Clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl has to be my favorite “meal” to eat in the park. But really, you nailed the favorites for us. Dole Whip (and just the ice cream), churros, corndogs and Pomme Frites. I also love me a Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream, not that it’s anything great, but it’s Mickey and you just have to. :)

Tarin says:

Don’t forget Mickey Waffles! Hands down they are always better than normal waffles, why? Because they’re shaped like Mickey Mouse of course!

kezia says:

I loved the fish taco in Tomorrowland and the Dole whip.

Angel says:

Disneyland food yum! I need to try the smore bar next time we go. I love the Tigger Tails at the Pooh Corner Bakery. My husband loves the chimichangas and the hot link corn dogs from Corn Dog Castle.

Now I really need to get to Disneyland because it’s been too long!

Tieghan says:

Well I need to get my butt to Disneyland!! So much goodness. I am now starving!

Brian says:

Is the dole-whip station open?
    It was closed for renovation in January and was a huge bummer.
    We always get dole-whip when in the part. Sooooo good!!!

You ARE the Queen of Disney Land!! We were just there last month, and we totally loaded up on churros!

LizW says:

Um…. Frozen banana! The one thing I HAVE to get at Disneyland :)

Jenelle says:

You listed all my favorites plus some I really need to try this summer. In California Adventure my husband and I always make a point of going for breakfast at the Sour Dough Bakery on the peir. We get the bun filled with scrabbled eggs and bacon! It’s a must <3

Sarah Patino says:

Not sure how you could spend so much time at the Poohs Corner Bakery & not mention Tigger Tails. Yummy!

Nutmeg Nanny says:

Confession: I have never had a churro…sigh.

I second (and third) the Clam Chowder Sourdough Bowl! A great, filling meal for not a bad price. Also. CREAM CHEESE PRETZELS IN TOMORROW LAND. I make a bee line towards Space Mountain for a fast pass then eat my pretzel while I wait. I may have gotten a few on the way out as I left for the last time when we moved to AZ too! Another favorite was the cheeseburgers from Country Bear I think? By Splash Mountain. Tasty Tasty!

Jen W says:

I love your DLand posts! I can’t wait to pick up one of those chocolate pb sandwiches once my hubby has a cheat day from his diet. :) We love the fried chicken meal at The Plaza Inn and the gumbo at Cafe Orleans/Blue Bayou. YUM!

Jenni Sivilla-Jones says:

Don’t forget the famous mint juleps at new Orleans square! Jenni

Amanda says:

I so need to get a pass again, this post makes me miss Disneyland :( The ice cream at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour is perfect for warm days, I always get the cookie dough, sometimes with caramel :P A must for me every time I visit DLand is their cotton candy– it’s SO good, the best I’ve ever had. Another must-try is the Baked Potato Soup at Carnation Cafe, yum!

The chocolate peanut butter sandwich looks amazing!

Kristy F says:

One of our favorites and is cheap is the marinated chicken skewers at Bengal Cafe (right outside the entrance to Indiana Jones ride). So YUMMY!!

you left out our favorites! The popcorn is absolutely the best you will ever have. The Mickey Mouse Ice Cream bar is a must have for us on every trip. And if you’ve never had the turkey leg you are in for a treat. One is plenty for the family to share.

Lori says:

Tamales off the cart at Christmastime!

Lauren long says:

Waffle cone sundaes or root beer floats from the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor! It’s a tradition my dad started on the very first trip to Disneyland with my brother and I. We all got soft serve sundaes (vanilla/chocolate swirl is my fave), and we were each allowed to pick out one candy to take home…mine was always a big round swirl lollipop; Disneyland is the only place you can get them in fruity OR cotton candy flavors, and Gibson Girl has both flavors!!! Can’t wait to do this with my boog when he’s old enough!