Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna

Tags: , , , ,

Whip up my Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna for your family this week! Quicker than traditional lasagna with the same irresistible flavors!

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe

Had so much fun with this skillet lasagna last week with my mom.  Her and my Dad come over a couple times a week for lunch and to play with Pax, then I snag my mom in the kitchen with me to help me cook and bake, lol!  One of the perks of moving back home to AZ :)

Break out your cast iron skillets and lasagna ingredients for a great weeknight dinner the whole family loves!

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-6

Start by sautéing your onions in some hot olive oil.

Break 9 sheets of lasagna noodles into pieces then boil for a quick 5 minutes to soften.  Drain and set aside.

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-11

Brown 1 pound of your choice of Italian Sausage.  You can use ground beef, turkey or chicken as a substitute.

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-12

Once sausage browned, transfer to a large bowl, stir in sauce then spoon 1 cup of meat sauce back into skillet.  Layer with broken pieces of lasagna noodles.

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-13

Like so :)

Cheese layer

Scoop or spoon about 8 mounds of ricotta cheese mixture over noodles.

Add Parmesan then shredded mozzarella cheese.  Mmmm!

Next comes a layer of sauce then start layering again with more noodles.

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-23

When you reach the top the  last layer should be noodles, sauce….then scroll down.

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-24

Top with lots of shredded mozzarella cheese :)

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-26tt

The kitchen crew, lol!

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-28

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-30t

Should look a little like this.  Nom Nom Nom!  Enjoy!

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe-32t

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna

Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna RecipePrep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 45 min

• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups white onions, finely chopped
  • 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
  • 26 ounces pasta sauce
  • 9 strips oven ready lasagna noodles
  • 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, sautéing until softened. Add sausage, cooking until browned. Add pasta sauce, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to a simmer.
  2. Boil broken lasagna noodles for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Drain and set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan, salt and pepper.
  4. Spoon about 1 cup of meat sauce into the bottom of a 12 inch cast iron skillet. Layer evenly with broken pieces of semi-cooked lasagna noodles. Spoon about 8 mounds of ricotta cheese over noodle layer then sprinkle with additional Parmesan and shredded mozzarella cheese. Top with 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce. Continue this layering until you reach the top of the skillet. Top layer should be a layer of noodles, sauce then shredded mozzarella cheese.
  5. Bake skillet lasagna for 20-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly around edges. Remove and let cool 10 minutes before serving.

Makes 6-8 Servings

Other Picky Palate Lasagna-Style Recipes to try!

Garden Vegetable Lasagna

Italian Sausage Lasagna Stuffed Pizza

Garlic Toasted Open Faced Lasagna Ciabatta

Lately I’m re-discovering my cast iron skillet for fast dinners and this is awesome, Jenny! Love that gooey cheese! :) pinned

My hubby LOVES lasagna but I never make it because it takes SO MUCH TIME!
    Love this fast version….and SAUSAGE! yum!

You have me craving dinner already!! Looks fantastic :)

Love easy, CHEESY meals like this. My boys would love it too. I want to come back with you guys!!

Yummmy this looks craazzzzyyy good. Cheesey sausage pasta goodness. Comfort food at it’s best

I love all of that cheese!

Lucy says:

Love how easy this is to put together…one-pot meals are the best! This would be great for starving college students learning to cook.

This is my husband’s ideal meal!! And his birthday is next week so this will be happening. <3

Nutmeg Nanny says:

OH man! This looks cheesy and delicious! I love using my cast iron skillet for baking casseroles and pasta dishes. Such a fun idea!

You’re seriously so adorable!! I love how easy this is to make and I love that cheese!!

holy down Jenny- this looks absolutely wonderful. My husband would deb falling all over himself for this!

Okay, this settles it. I need a cast iron skillet! :)

Come to mama!!! Seriously, you are the best MOM! Love this recipe, Jenny!

Charlette says:

Jenny love this dish! I am out the door to get everything so it is on the table for dinner tonight. With a big salad. Also will be doing this for casual dinner party, will be a nice table presentation. But I will need another cast iron but who couldn’t use two!!! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie N says:

I was going to use the ricotta in my fridge for spaghetti pie but this sounds sooooo much better. Great recipe!

Amanda says:

I love it, looks so good, so cheesy! :) xoxo

Deborah says:

So yummy! Thank you! I’m going to try this tonight in my new cast iron pan!
    Have a great day!

All my heart,
    Deborah xo

I love a good cheesy casserole. It’s even better that you made it in the skillet!

Sarah says:

You had me at “cheesy”! What this tells me is that I really need to procure a cast iron skillet, even if it’s JUST for this recipe.

This looks so amazing! No kidding. My kids would devour this. Thanks for the fun dinner idea.

marla says:

Great recipe & I love the use of the skillet. Cute family pic too!!

Gaby says:

This looks extra cheesy and extra delicious! Love the photo of the kitchen crew!

Ugh, all that cheese. You’re killing me! But I love this so so so much!!

Karen says:

This is similar to a recipe I make called lazy lasagna, but this is different because it is still layered instead of all mixed. Yum. Love the sausage! So nice to be near your mom…lucky you!

Jenny, this looks sooo good. It’s time for dinner here and my stomach just growled looking at this….oops, there it goes again! :)

Tieghan says:

I love your family photos. They are the best and so is this lasagna! All the cheesiness looks amazing!

Shari Kelley says:

This recipe looks so delicious! I can’t wait to make it for my husband. I think he will love it. It is so nice that your mom and dad live close by. My parents live down the street, and we are so happy about that. I hope your move to Arizona is going well. It takes a while to get used to a new place. I grew up here and appreciate it now. I think it grows on you. Especially with the weather we have been having lately. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

[…] Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna from Picky Palate […]

There must be something in the air, lasagna is everywhere! Or maybe I’ve just been thinking about it a lot. Ha! I’m kind of obsessed with finding easier ways to make lasagna, loving this skillet version. So cheesy and so perfect.

[…] Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna – Picky Palate up my Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna for your family this week! Quicker than traditional lasagna with the same irresistible flavors! Cheesy Sausage Skillet Lasagna Recipe. Had so much fun with this skillet lasagna last … […]

I loved it , making it was so simple and it turned out really awesome . Thank you for the recipe it’s a keeper !!!

I adore lasagna and this recipe looks delicious! More gooey cheese the better!!

This looks amazing I need to invest in a skillet asap!

Such a great idea for lasagna! I need to try this version – it looks way more cooler and easier than using a 9 x 13!

[…] Recipe & Photo credit to […]

Wowguy says:

How can you go wrong with Lasagna! Cute presentation!!!!

Brian says:

You didn’t mention the temperature to bake it?

Admin you are nice! thank tooo share very spicy recipe and my favriot recipe, you can also check it related recipe Healthy Skillet Lasagna With Spicy Sauce

Carol says:

Love your site and pinning lots of your recipes. Once fall arrives would like to try this one, but need to know what size iron skillet did you use? I have a 10 inch one and wondering if that will be large enough. Also any subs for the ricotta cheese? I just can’t acquire a taste for it. At 63 can finally eat parmesan, but not the ricotta. I know lasagna recipes sub cottage cheese, but usually have to mix it with egg and whatever.

Linda says:

This looks delicious and so simple! Thanks for sharing!

Natasha says:

I made this tonight for the family. It was a huge success! I especially love how there aren’t really strict measurements and it’s fool proof (important for me lol). Super happy!

Lynette says:

I dont think its the cook ware but if your looking to his some
    one with it the stainless steel but if you just want to knock some one out the cast iron.

I actually had the same problem. For the pimples..
    you’ll just have to pop it. It’s the best way to get rid of it.

You just pop it with a safety pin, then you squeeze it together, so the goo will come out,
    then you put rubbing alcohol on it so it doesn’t get infected.
    For the blackheads I got a deep cleaning cleanser by Neutrogena, and
    I can tell that’s gonna work because after I use it in the shower..
    you get that tingly, and burning feeling
    which tells you it’s working. There’s also blackhead clearing scrub, that works pretty good as

amey says:

I lack a cast iron pan, but have other oven-proof pans. What size is yours? It’ll help me pick something comparable.

2015年の新素材-新作!高品質 腕時計高品質の追求 超N品を良心価格で提供スーパーコピーブランドバッグ、財布、時計代引き専門店2015年人気最新品、新素材! には、ルイヴィトンコピー、シャネルコピー、グッチコピー、コーチコピー、ロレックスコピー、プラダコピー、ブルガリ財布コピーその他小物等、ブランド品、、ルイヴィトン、PRADA、Coach、GUCCI、CHANEL、BVLGARI、デュポン、ROLEX時針各種海外有名ブランド品を豊富に取り揃え、しかもお客様を第一と考えて、驚きの低価格で提供しております。税関の没収する商品は再度無料にして発送します。広大な客を歓迎して買います!3-6日にきっと引き渡す.スーパーコピーブランド時計
    100%実物写真ですし、品質が完璧です!”スーパーコピーブランド財布激安 偽物財布激安コピー ルイヴィトン財布偽物,偽物財布コピーエルバーキンコピースーパーコピー財布ブランド財布コピーブランドコピー激安バレンシアガ スーパーコピー激安ロレックス スーパーコピー時計ブランド財布激安 偽物財布激安コピー ルイヴィトン財布偽物,偽物財布コピーブランド激安市場-jck35販売:ブランド財布コピー,激安ブランド,財布コピー,偽ブランド,偽 ブランド財布,偽物ブランド財布,ブランドコピー,ヴィトンコピー,ルイヴィトン財布偽物, シャネル財布コピー,グッチ財布コピー,エルメス財布偽物,D&G 財布コピー,ボッテガ 財布 .2013年新作スーパーコピーロレックス,スーパーコピーロレックス時計通販スーパー コピー品その他の世界一流ロレックススーパーコピー時計品を扱っています。 ホームページをクリックして商品をご覧下さい.ロレックスコピー,業界No.1人気スーパーコピーロレックス腕時計専門販売ロレックスコピー(ROLEXスーパーコピー)のロレックス レプリカ販売専門店です。すべての商品は品質2年無料保証です,ロレックス デイトジャスト 偽物,人気満点ロレックス コピーn級品新作大特集

ブランドスーパーコピーバッグ、財布、靴、時計ブランド偽物、偽物ブランド、ルイヴィトンコピー、 ロレックスコピー、シャネルコピー、グッチコピー、エルメスコピー、 ボッテガ?ヴェネタコピー、 バーバリーコピー、ミュウミュウコピー、トリーバーチコピー、バレンシアガコピー、ディオールコピー、ブルガリコピー、ブラダコピー、 ドルチェ&ガッバーナコピー、オメガコピー、フランク ミュラーコピー、gagaコピー。2015ヴィトン最新逸品 腕時計 休閑気質 ヴィトン 腕時計 独特魅力 腕時計
    スーパーコピー、スーパーコピーブランド(N級品)激安通販専門店世界一流ブランドコピー 財布、スーパーコピー 商品、激安ブランドコピー 。 ヴィトンコピー 、 ミョウミョウコピー 、シャネルコピー 、エル メスコピー 品格安通販。商品は全て最高な材料 と優れた技術で造られて、正規と比べて、品質が無差別です!人気ブランド..