Treat yourself to my Green Eggs and Ham Scramble Mediterranean Style, makes the perfect breakfast!
There’s nothing like a nice hearty breakfast. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day coming up, I developed my own grown up version of “Green Eggs and Ham” that is full of irresistible Mediterranean flavors. In place of the ham, I used bacon….all from Mr. Piggy anyway
Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any special occasion you feel like enjoying a great breakfast!
Let’s take a look
You’ll need 8 lovely eggs.
Some other key ingredients for your scramble
We’ll start by heating some olive oil into a skillet for the spinach.
Add your spinach right to the skillet and watch it magically shrink!
Amazing how that happens :) Remove from heat and set aside.
Add your whisked eggs to a nice hot skillet.
Start stirring eggs as they set up.
Perfect! Turn off the heat when they look like this. Don’t over cook the eggs which can happen quickly
Time to add all of the good stuff.
Place the roasted potatoes into serving bowls then top with the scrambled eggs. Mmm! For the potatoes, I quartered red potatoes, set the potatoes in a mixing bowl and poured in vegetable stock to get them wet so the seasoning will stick. Seasoning I used were pepper, garlic salt, and paprika. Then, I baked until fork tender–which was about 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Serve with a nice glass of orange juice and enjoy!
Green Eggs and Ham Scramble Mediterranean Style
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 strips cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups roasted cubed potatoes and seasoning: (low sodium vegetable broth, garlic salt, ground pepper, and paprika)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Quarter washed red potatoes and set in mixing bowl. Pour in vegetable broth, enough that potatoes are wet. Season to taste. I used ground pepper, garlic salt, and paprika. Stir seasoned potatoes and place on baking sheet. Cook for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add spinach leaves. Cook and stir until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place eggs, milk, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine then pour into a large hot skillet over medium heat that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. With a rubber spatula, stir eggs until scrambled. Be careful to not overcook eggs. See photos. Add spinach, roasted red peppers, olives, bacon and feta cheese, stir gently to combine.
- Place roasted potatoes into serving bowls and top with scrambled eggs. Serve warm.
Makes 2-4 Servings