Treat yourself to my Green Eggs and Ham Scramble Mediterranean Style, makes the perfect breakfast!
There’s nothing like a nice hearty breakfast. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day coming up, I developed my own grown up version of “Green Eggs and Ham” that is full of irresistible Mediterranean flavors. In place of the ham, I used bacon….all from Mr. Piggy anyway 🙂
Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any special occasion you feel like enjoying a great breakfast!
Let’s take a look 🙂
You’ll need 8 lovely eggs.
Some other key ingredients for your scramble 🙂
We’ll start by heating some olive oil into a skillet for the spinach.
Add your spinach right to the skillet and watch it magically shrink!
Amazing how that happens 🙂 Remove from heat and set aside.
Add your whisked eggs to a nice hot skillet.
Start stirring eggs as they set up.
Perfect! Turn off the heat when they look like this. Don’t over cook the eggs which can happen quickly 🙂
Time to add all of the good stuff.
Place the roasted potatoes into serving bowls then top with the scrambled eggs. Mmm! For the potatoes, I quartered red potatoes, set the potatoes in a mixing bowl and poured in vegetable stock to get them wet so the seasoning will stick. Seasoning I used were pepper, garlic salt, and paprika. Then, I baked until fork tender–which was about 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Serve with a nice glass of orange juice and enjoy!
Green Eggs and Ham Scramble Mediterranean Style
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 strips cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups roasted cubed potatoes and seasoning: (low sodium vegetable broth, garlic salt, ground pepper, and paprika)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Quarter washed red potatoes and set in mixing bowl. Pour in vegetable broth, enough that potatoes are wet. Season to taste. I used ground pepper, garlic salt, and paprika. Stir seasoned potatoes and place on baking sheet. Cook for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add spinach leaves. Cook and stir until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place eggs, milk, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine then pour into a large hot skillet over medium heat that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. With a rubber spatula, stir eggs until scrambled. Be careful to not overcook eggs. See photos. Add spinach, roasted red peppers, olives, bacon and feta cheese, stir gently to combine.
- Place roasted potatoes into serving bowls and top with scrambled eggs. Serve warm.
Makes 2-4 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.