My Iced Lemon Poppyseed Shortbread Bars will brighten any day of the week!
I have been on a major lemon poppyseed kick lately! First my blondies, then those fabulous pancakes and now my shortbread bars! You do not want to miss these buttery sweet iced lemon bars. There’s not much better!
Minimal ingredients for my bars. All the better!
Cream your butter and sugars.
Add your lemon curd!
Lemon zest up next!
Dry ingredients up next!
Transfer your dough to your prepared baking dish.
Spread evenly and now it’s time to bake! The hardest part is letting the bars cool!
Once cooled, cut all edges off then cut into 9 squares. Drizzle with sweet icing before serving.
Iced Lemon Poppyseed Shortbread Bars
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 40 min
- 2 sticks softened butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter, sugars, lemon curd, and lemon zest until well combined. Add flour, poppyseeds and salt, mixing to combine. Transfer dough to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until baked through and edges golden. Remove and let cool completely. Once cooled, trim edges around bars then cut into squares.
- To prepare icing, place powdered sugar and powdered sugar into a medium mixing bowl, whisking until smooth. Drizzle over bars before serving.
Makes 9 Servings