Aug
2014

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

My Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins are full of chocolate and zucchini that make a delicious treat.

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

You guys…..these muffins are crazy ridiculous and they have shredded zucchini inside, so the more muffins the merrier right?  Lol!  Fudgy, soft, packed with lots of shredded zucchini and so simple to prepare!

You’ll just need a large mixing bowl and spoon to get started.  Enjoy!

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins-1

Here’s your line up of ingredients.  Nice and simple.  Use a food processor or cheese grater to shred your zucchini.  I also used the bloc of chocolate from Trader Joe’s and cut it into small chunks.

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

Start by creaming your butter and sugar then stir in the sour cream.

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

Stir in your egg and vanilla.

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins-7

Zucchini time :)

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

Add your dry ingredients and cocoa powder.

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins-13

Add those chocolate chunks.

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins-14

It’s a beautiful sight isn’t it?

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins-15

Fill your muffin cups about 3/4 full of batter.

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins-16

Ready for the oven!

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

Drizzle with a little melted chocolate and prepare yourself for deliciousness!

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

Be sure to try these warm!  Heaven!

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini MuffinsPrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with foil liners.
  2. Place butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl, cream until well combined. Add sour cream, vanilla and egg, stirring to combine. Stir in shredded zucchini then stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chunks. Once combined, fill muffin liners 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
  3. Place chocolate chips in heat proof bowl and microwave for 60 seconds or until melted when stirred. Drizzle over muffins and serve.

Makes 18 Servings

Comments

Baking with zucchini is the best and the chocolate drizzle on top? So perfect and I need these! Pinned

Of course I want one. And of course I have zucchini all over my counter. That I can’t even begin to use it all. Loving all these recipes I get gaze over but somehow can seem to find time for.
    Pinned!
    Have an amazing week Jenny!

Love that chocolate drizzle on top!!

Zucchini = these count as one of my servings of vegetables right? :-)

Great way to use up the summer zucchini!

These look great Jenny & I love the melted chocolate drizzle!

Suesh says:

This is such an awesome way of making zucchini way more fun!!

Gaby says:

Now this is my kind of muffin!

just love chocolate and zucchini Jenny!!

What a great way to sneak in some veggies! These look simply amazing, and I love the extra chocolate chunks added to the batter.

Tiffany says:

I love the abundance of chocolate! They look great!!

What a great way to use up all that zucchini! And double chocolate, I mean… there’s no question. ;)

Love the zucchini in this! You’d never know!!

I’m definitely gonna use up some of my zucchini with this recipe. Yum!

Yum! Loving the chocolate drizzle on top… These muffins are definitely being pinned. Trader Joe’s chocolate is the best for baking, isn’t it?

Jody G says:

What size do you shred your zucchini? Does it matter? Looks great!

Hi Jody,
      I just used a regular size cheese grater to shred. I’d say it was a medium shred. I don’t think it would affect the muffins if the shred size varies.

Kim says:

These look wonderful! Have you ever tried to freeze them?

Medeja says:

Fudgy and moist.. These muffins are lovely :)

Shreya says:

Zucchini muffins..!! Had never even thought of preparing muffins using zucchini. Well I am very fond of trying new and different recipes and this recipes suits my taste too as I am a chocolate and zucchini lover. So my two favorites mixed together in one recipe.

Jasey says:

I love these! They look so indulgent – but let’s stick with muffin – it sounds better than cupcake right? If I stick with muffin I can have an extra one, right?

These look amazing! Miss seeing you!

I so want some of these for breakfast! I love using zucchini in baking like this!

[…] Add a Comment | Print | Link to this Post […]

Kathryn says:

Another great recipe, Jenny! My sister gave me three zucchini, which I hate as a vegetable but love in baked goods. Instead of melting the last cup of chips to use as a drizzle, I just added that extra cup of chips to the batter. Delicious!