This Maple Bacon Vegetable Corn Recipe is the perfect side to any main dish!
I am thrilled to be partnering with Progresso today to bring you a perfectly simple side dish that pairs nicely with their Chicken Rice with Vegetable Soup. My family loves to have soup for lunch or dinner all year long. Such a simple and satisfying meal.
I paired some of my favorite ingredients to this corn recipe. I love the sweet and savory flavor combination! You get a hint of pure maple with each bite of corn, vegetables and bacon pieces. The whole family is going to love this one. My boys enjoy the sweetness from the maple syrup and corn along with the salty crunchy bacon pieces. Our 2 year old likes to eat the bright peppers first. A little something for everyone.
Start by sautéing your onion and red bell peppers until slightly softened.
Add your corn and bacon up next.
A nice drizzle of pure maple syrup.
A few pinches of parsley and give a good stir. Let simmer on low until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Colorful, sweet and savory. My favorite!
Maple Bacon Vegetable Corn Recipe
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 30 min
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- two 15 ounce cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Place butter into large skillet over medium heat to melt. Add red peppers and onions, cooking and stirring until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn, bacon, maple syrup, salt, pepper and parsley. Let cook for 5 minutes then reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve. Serve as a side with Progresso Traditional Chicken Rice with Vegetables Soup.
Makes 8 Servings
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Progresso however thoughts and opinions are my own.