Sharing corn side dishes today! This Maple Bacon Vegetable Corn Recipe is the perfect side to any main dish!
Corn Side Dishes
Corn side dishes are some of the best sides to go with so many meals! I paired some of my favorite ingredients to this corn recipe. I love the sweet and savory flavor combination! You get a hint of pure maple with each bite of corn, vegetables and bacon pieces. The whole family is going to love this one. My boys enjoy the sweetness from the maple syrup and corn along with the salty crunchy bacon pieces. Our 2 year old likes to eat the bright peppers first. A little something for everyone. Enjoy!
Try my Taco Green Chili Corn too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Start by sautéing your onion and red bell peppers until slightly softened.
Add your corn and bacon up next.
A nice drizzle of pure maple syrup.
A few pinches of parsley and give a good stir. Let simmer on low until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Colorful, sweet and savory. My favorite!
What To Serve with Corn Dishes
- Barbecued anything: chicken, pork, beef, you name it. This includes all barbecue-related foods, including ribs, Buffalo wings, and Sloppy Joes.
- Fried chicken. Probably the most classic way to eat corn on the cob is with fried chicken, cole slaw, and sliced ripe tomatoes, with huge glasses of iced tea and slices of chilled cantaloupe (muskmelon) or watermelon for dessert. Yum!
- Hamburgers. Think retro cookout, with Dad in his apron at the charcoal grill.
Maple Bacon Vegetable Corn Recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- two 15 ounce cans whole kernel sweet corn drained
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Place butter into large skillet over medium heat to melt. Add red peppers and onions, cooking and stirring until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn, bacon, maple syrup, salt, pepper and parsley. Let cook for 5 minutes then reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve.