This easy creamed corn recipe makes the perfect Thanksgiving side dish! In fact this simple dish is such a hit with my family that we enjoy it all year round!
Homemade Creamed Corn
With the Holidays approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to feature some of my favorite side dish recipes that are great for your Holiday dinner tables as well as any weeknight dinner side dish. Simple and perfectly delicious.
What You’ll Need
- extra virgin olive oil
- salted butter
- white onion
- minced garlic
- corn, drained from can
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Lawry’s Garlic Salt
- cream cheese
- fresh Parmesan Cheese
- granulated sugar
- fresh parsley
How To Make Creamed Corn
- Place oil and butter into a large rimmed skillet or pot over medium heat. When hot, saute onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in corn, salt, pepper and garlic salt stirring to combine. Add cream cheese, stir until melted and creamy. Stir in Parmesan Cheese and sugar, stirring to combine. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve warm.
Can I Use Fresh Or Frozen Corn?
Yes, fresh kernels cut from the cob as well as frozen corn works just fine. 6 cups of your favorite variety of corn kernels.
Can I Use Low-Fat Cream Cheese?
For this recipe, I suggest not using a reduced fat cream cheese. The regular cream cheese helps make this creamed corn ultra creamy with the right consistency.
Can I Substitute The Parmesan Cheese?
You can substitute with shredded Mozzarella, Romano or even Cheddar Cheese in place of the Parmesan Cheese if you’d like.
Tips For Making Cream Cheese Corn
- Use full-fat cream cheese, don’t use low-fat.
- When sautéing the onion and garlic, add diced red and green bell peppers for a more colorful creamed corn.
- Add chicken, beef or sausage for another variety.
How To Serve
Serve creamed corn alongside your favorite protein. It’s great with chicken, beef, turkey and seafood. This creamed corn recipe is the perfect simple side dish for your Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners too.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat as needed.
How To Make Creamed Corn | Cream Cheese Corn
- Dutch Oven
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 4 15.25 ounce and whole kernel corn drained, about 6 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt Lawry's
- 3 ounces cream cheese full fat
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place oil and butter into a large rimmed skillet or pot over medium heat. When hot, saute onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add corn, salt, pepper and garlic salt stirring to combine. Add cream cheese, stir until melted and creamy. Stir in Parmesan Cheese and sugar, stirring to combine. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve warm.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board