Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Drinks
Sep
2014

Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake

Tags: , ,

This healthy Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake is great any time of the day!

Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake

Is there anything better than a guilt-free delicious shake?  I think not 🙂  I’ve got a great recipe and new cookbook to share with you today that I think you are going to love!

Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake

I am thrilled to share a new cookbook called The Chia Cookbook by Janie Hoffman.  She is the founder and CEO of Mamma Chia, an organic line of chia-based foods and beverages.  She has been featured in the New York Times, O magazine, Everyday with Rachel Ray, Details, Vogue, Real Simple, Prevention, Glamour, and the Today show.

As you read through the recipes in this book, you’ll see that it’s possible to incorporate chia into everything, and I mean everything—breakfast foods, soups, salads, cocktails, main dishes, desserts.

Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake

My husband and I have been enjoying chia for the last couple years so I was anxious to try out Janie’s new book!  When we lived in Newport Beach, we had a Whole Foods Market right by our house and we would pick up Mama Chia drinks every time we would grocery shop.  They are my favorite!  I was immediately drawn to this Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake in the Chia Cookbook.  All of my favorite flavors!  It could not be more simple to prepare which is always a plus.

Chia is a powerful little seed with incredible health benefits. In this mouthwatering recipe collection, you’ll learn the secrets of incorporating this ancient superfood into modern meals from breakfast to dinner and happy hour to dessert.

Hope you enjoy this fun and healthy shake!

Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake

Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake

Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint ShakePrep time: 5 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 5 min

Ingredients

• 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk or fat free milk at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract

Directions

1. Chill two tall glasses. In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, stir together the coconut milk beverage and chia seeds and let stand 20 minutes.
  2. Place the coconut-chia gel, cocoa powder, frozen yogurt, honey and peppermint extract in a bleder. Cover and puree until smooth.
  3. Pour into the chilled glasses and serve.

Makes 2 Servings

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Medeja says:

Sounds very delicious! I need to try it 🙂

What fun images and I love chia seeds! Pinned 🙂

Jenny, this sounds so refreshing! I love using chia seeds, but hadn’t ever thought about incorporating them into a shake. Thanks for sharing; we will be making this!

We love chia smoothies!! And although I add cocoa powder all the time I never add peppermint extract – that needs to change!!

I recently jumped on the chia train and am never getting off! What a great cookbook theme, and I love healthy desserts like this. Keeper!

It is always a plus when you can combine healthy ingredients with chocolate!

Cassie says:

What a great use for chia. Love the mint too!

Mmmm sounds lovely -such a great flavour combination!

Karly says:

Oh, what a fun way to use chia seeds! Love it!

Liz says:

I need to jump on the chia bandwagon…especially if I get to enjoy chocolate mint shakes with a healthy twist!!

Tina Geer says:

How do I freeze yogurt so I can use my magic bullet?! Won’t it freeze too solid??

What a creative drink! I love it!

Irvin says:

I adore chia! And the touch of mint sounds super refreshing in this drink.

Chia rocks!! I sprinkle it on my oatmeal every morning! But these shakes, forget about it! Love!

[…] Chia, Dark Chocolate and Mint Shake […]

Maggie says:

Regarding the Chia, chocolate, and Mint shake: Is the frozen yogurt, the “ice cream” type, or do you just freeze a cup of vanilla yogurt like you get in the yogurt department?

Just searched about chia seed and known about its benefit 🙂 Thank you for sharing the book and the recipe 😉

Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don’t really provide anything that I’m interested in, but I’m most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

excel says:

Oh yeah! They are so adorable~~ Thank you for sharing!! Love these stuff very much >.< With these I think I will start drawing my own

gta 5 says:

Thank you for sharing the post. It’s what I searching for. This revised will help me much

Thank you very much for your great template! i love all your works, they’re amazing. But, i like this one alot.I put your template in my blog, see

I like the efforts you have put in this, regards for all the great content.

Thanks for your time so much for your specialized and effective guide.

I am always pleased with what you bring to it very interesting and useful, thanks.

Thanks for informative post. if you are searching for all the correct Scrabble Pics Answers then you have the chances to get all solutions

fishdom says:

Amazing posts! Thanks a ton for this.

By reading this, i can do my own
    very nice

This help me thought the day
    thanks

Great article and subject! Thanks 😀 It’s an amazing post. Thank you again! It sounds like good. You are gathering lots of different ideas in your

blog. Good work my friends. Instead of thinking about what you haven’t written, look at how much you HAVE written 🙂

Gay Voyageur says:

Nice article thanks

a10 says:

I think your post is very interesting and mostly i keep looking for like this type of websites where i learn or get new concept.

Slither.io says:

I must appreciate the way you have expressed your feelings through your blog!

wings.io says:

I appreciate with your article writing,here its my first visit and i found a great information here.

vanar.io says:

I am very sympathetic to your viewpoint. It is very deep and meaningful.

Thanks for this marvellous post.

Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my mission.

fb login says:

I really like the dear information you offer in your articles. I’m able to bookmark your site and show the kids check out up here generally. Im fairly positive theyre likely to be informed a great deal of new stuff here than anyone.

I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written.

Facebook has become a part of my life, not only helped me to connect with you but also where I can share every moment in life. I really like the convenience that it brings

The article gives me a lot of interesting information. I still often share life experiences with friends. And I enjoyed the convenience and attractiveness of free messaging app

Life becomes more interesting and wonderful when you share your memorable moments with friends and family through unique photographs. You can create your own unique style impressed with image editing software.

Vape India says:

Evolve Vapors USA is the only luxury vaping brand in India officially selling vaping devices which focuses to help people to switch from smoking to vaping in 48-72 hours guaranteed. Evovle Vapors has its own Internal flavor manufacturing lab in California with 30+ flavors available. Bid farewell to all mundane flavors like Apple, kiwi, paan, etc. and say hello to Strawberry cheese cake, grape-ojello, Chocolate caramel fudge and vanilla kappa to name a few.

I really like the convenience that it brings

It sounds so yum! Thank you for sharing the recipe! It’s so hot today 😀 Gonna try this milkshake.