Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Dinner
Oct
2014

Tags: , , , , ,

This Turkey Bacon Chili Mac is a perfect weeknight dinner the whole family goes nuts for!

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

This time of year is so great to be in the kitchen.  I don’t know if it’s the cooler weather or what, but I love breaking out my big cast iron pots and whipping up a new hearty recipe.

We have chili on a very regular basis and I have been wanting to put a fun new twist on it for a while now.  I decided it would be fun to create a Turkey Bacon Chili Mac.   It was a huge hit with my boys.  We had it as leftovers for a few days too.  Comfort food in a pot.  Win!

Hope you enjoy!

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

You’ll need some chopped red bell peppers, chopped onion and a mild green chili pepper.  I used an Anaheim.

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

Saute those babies until softened.

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

Add two pounds of ground turkey and season.

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

Once the turkey is browned, add your broth, tomatoes and tomato paste.

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

Add your cumin and chili powder.

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

I added a small packet of dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning.  This is optional, but it went great with the turkey and bacon.  You could add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt if you choose to leave the Ranch seasoning out.

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

Add some cooked pasta and your bacon.

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

Let simmer until ready to serve.  Mmmm!

Turkey Bacon Chili Mac

Turkey Bacon Chili MacPrep time: 15 min | Cook time: 13 min | Total time: 30 min

Ingredients

• 4 ounces tomato paste
  • 2 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
  • 4 cups cooked (slightly undercooked) Ditalini pasta
  • 20 strips cooked, crumbled bacon pieces (I used the microwave ready)

Directions

1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, green chili and garlic. Cook and stir until softened, about 5-8 minutes.
  2. Add turkey, salt and pepper. Cook until crumbled and browned. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt and Ranch Dressing Seasoning. Stir to combine.
  3. Stir in cooked pasta and bacon pieces. Simmer on low until ready to serve. Serve with chopped green onions if desired.

Makes 12-15 Servings

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Perfect meal for a chilly day!

Naomi says:

I love the comfort of this recipe! Perfect for fall and winter.

Bacon and chili are two of my favorite things! Pass me a bowl!

Love this family meal!!!

Yum! This totally helps when feeding a big crowd…or small group with big appetite. Very comforting, indeed.

This would be a great recipe to put together at the end of the day, and I am sure the leftovers would be just as good or better.

Full of delicious comfort!

This looks FANTASTIC Jenny. My family would love this!

Liz says:

Perfect for this weather. Thanks

Easy comforting foods when its chilly outside. It makes me want to put on stretchy pants go sit by the fire with a big bowl of this chili mac.

Aggie says:

What a great chili dinner. Love the “mac” part! (so would my kids!)

Virginia says:

This looks great! I love a hearty noodle stew/mac!

major comfort food Jenny!

Gaby says:

Love this flavor combo! Great dinner idea!

I must try this soon! A savory, gorgeous, dish! I love fall comfort food!

Look at ALL of that bacon! This looks SO good, Jenny!

This looks SO hearty and delicious for the upcoming fall weather. Anything with bacon in it is certainly worth trying!!

Kathy R says:

Made this last night – it was a big hit! And tons leftover! This will become a standard this fall and winter.

[…] and dressing up next weekend.  Can NOT wait  Need a GOOD chili recipe for your parties?  Try THIS ONE,  THIS ONE, THIS ONE and THIS ONE.  Some of my […]

I love the comfort of this Recipe!
    Perfect for fall and Winter.

Ruby says:

This is a great chili dish for a cold day. I substituted black beans for the pasta. And everyone loved the dish at the pot luck dinner.

[…] Tuesday: Turkey Bacon Chili Mac […]