Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Cookies
Dec
2014

Tags: , , , ,

My Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos make the perfect Holiday treat for your family and friends!
Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

I am thrilled to be partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you a new Holiday treat.  I’ve created for you my Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos.  They make the perfect gift for family and friends.  All of my favorite flavors wrapped up in one festive cookie.

This is a great recipe to get your kids involved in helping.  They love adding the pecans and candy cane pieces to the cookies.

Hope you enjoy!

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

Last month Fisher Nuts flew the #thinkfisher ambassadors to NYC for an event at Butter with Chef Alex Guarnaschelli.  I am such a fan of Chef Alex.  Her food is always full of beautiful flame yet sophisticated and simple.  She prepared gorgeous recipes for us using Fisher Nuts.  We sampled them all night!  So much fun.

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

Here are the #thinkfisher bloggers with Chef Alex.  Such a fun night in NYC.

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

Let’s get started with Fisher Nuts Pecan Halves.

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

Add some sugar and cinnamon.

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

Some water to bring everything together.

A pinch of salt.

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

Let bubble and boil.  Transfer to parchment paper to set up.

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

These Ghirardelli melting wafers are amazing.  So easy to get melted chocolate…in a hurry.  I’ve been using them for the last couple of months.  I find them in the baking isle of my grocery store.

Ready for dipping!

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

You’ll also need some Oreo Cookies and crushed candy cane pieces for baking.  These are great, they don’t melt and they hold their crunch perfectly. Found my bag at World Market.

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate.  I left 1/3 not dipped, but you can dip the whole cookie if you prefer.

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

While the chocolate is still melted press pecans on cookie and sprinkle with candy cane pieces.  Let set up for about 15 minutes.

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

So much fun!  They look great wrapped up in a cellophane bag for gift giving.  Enjoy!

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos

Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered OreosPrep time: 15 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 15 min

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups Fisher Pecan Halves
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • a pinch kosher salt
  • 12 ounces chocolate melts
  • 12-15 Oreo Cookies
  • 1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces

Directions

• Place Fisher Pecan Halves into a medium non stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, cinnamon and water until combined. Stir and let pecans bubble cook for about 5 minutes. Mixture will become thick. Pour pecans onto parchment paper to cool for at least 15 minutes.
  • Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip cookies into melted chocolate, press a candied pecan on top and sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Place onto parchment paper to set up. Once chocolate hardens, serve room temperature.

Makes 12-15 Servings

This post is in partnership with Fisher Nuts however thoughts and opinions are my own.

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

I just blogged about the trip yesterday too 🙂 I loved seeing you and it went by way too fast!

Onto these Oreo goodies…I would inhale these! And so simple – the best kind of holiday baking project! Pinned 🙂

These would be great on a dessert plate!!

Amanda says:

You girls look like you had a great time 🙂 Love this fun Oreo snack for the holidays! xoxo

Perfect treat for holiday parties!

The ghiradelli melts are the only way to go! That’s what I started using last year, and I’ll never go back! Love dipping oreos in chocolate and candy canes, your candied pecans are a brilliant addition! <3

This fun cookie brings everything to the table! Who wouldn’t love?
    And how fun! Love seeing bloggers together having a blast.
    Have a beautiful day Jenny!

Yummm!! Looks so good — this is literally my perfect kind of easy-to-make snack 🙂

I will never say no to an OREO especially when peppermint is involved! love!

I bet these would disappear in 10 seconds if you served them at a party. What an amazing flavor combination.

These are fantastic Jenny!! I swear I’d not be able to keep them in my house. Love they peppermint and the candied pecans!

yeah, I would probably eat a dozen of those puppies!

What a cute idea! I would’ve never thought to add a candied pecan to my oreo 🙂 Love the Ghirardelli melting wafers…haven’t seen those…I’ll need to look for them again, the next time I’m at the store!

marla says:

These are such fabulous Christmas cookies! Love the nut topping 🙂

What a fun trip!! This would make great snacks for holiday time!

These look super tasty! I love candied pecans, the scream Christmas-time!

Perfect for taking to the office!

This is such a smart and creative idea!!!! Perfect for gifts!

Gaby says:

Just my kind of Christmas treat, perfect!!!

These look quick, yummy, and easy. All things I love in a recipe.

These are such a treat! I love all the flavors you put together in one mouthwatering, decadent bite!

Jenny, I made these nut today. I did not make the Oreo’s. I was interested in the pecans. They are DELICIOUS!!!! I made 6 batches today. They are GREAT Christmas gifts for anyone who loves pecans! MY pecans had been in the freezer for a bit so I did toast them in the pan before I sugared them. I don’t like the recipes that use egg whites. This one is PERFECT!
    DE-LIC-IOUS!
    THANK YOU for posting!
    LOVE your blog!
    Susan

Matea says:

Ghirardelli chocolate is the best! Love baking cookies with the 60% cocoa chips! Sooo good!

Run 2 says:

I want to spread this on everything!!!!

Many thanks for sharing this very diverse opinion post where each expert has no doubt shared his best knowledge on the topic. Have more success in your journey.