My Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos make the perfect Holiday treat for your family and friends! Simple to prepare and topped with festive goodies!
Making these chocolate covered Oreos is so much for for Holiday Plates! Such an easy Christmas recipe! This is a great recipe to get your kids involved in helping. They love adding the pecans and candy cane pieces to the cookies.
Always a pleasure partnering with Fisher Nuts to bring you a new Holiday treat. They make the perfect gift for family and friends. All of my favorite flavors wrapped up in one festive cookie.
Hope you enjoy! Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming to the blog!
How To Make Candied Pecans
Let’s get started with candied pecans recipe. Add some sugar and cinnamon into the pan with the pecans over medium low heat.
Add some water to bring everything together.
A pinch of salt.
Let bubble and boil for a good 5 minutes. Transfer to parchment paper to dry and set up.
These Ghirardelli melting wafers are amazing. So easy to get melted chocolate…in a hurry. I’ve been using them for the last couple of years. I find them in the baking isle of my grocery store.
Ready for dipping!
You’ll also need some Oreo Cookies and crushed candy cane pieces for baking. These are great, they don’t melt and they hold their crunch perfectly. Found my bag at World Market.
Chocolate Covered Oreos
Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate. I left 1/3 not dipped, but you can dip the whole cookie if you prefer.
While the chocolate is still melted press pecans on cookie and sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Let set up for about 15 minutes.
So much fun! They look great wrapped up in a cellophane bag for gift giving. Enjoy!
Candied Pecan Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Covered Oreos
- 1 1/2 cups Fisher Pecan Halves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- a pinch kosher salt
- 12 ounces chocolate melts
- 12-15 Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- Place pecan halves into a medium non stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, cinnamon and water until combined. Stir and let pecans bubble cook for about 5 minutes. Mixture will become thick. Pour pecans onto parchment paper to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip cookies into melted chocolate, press a candied pecan on top and sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Place onto parchment paper to set up. Once chocolate hardens, serve room temperature.
This post was in partnership with Fisher Nuts however thoughts and opinions are my own.