Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Desserts
Mar
2015

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

Tags: , , , ,

My Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream is great eaten with a spoon or used for cupcakes, cookies and graham crackers.

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

My Girl Scout Cookie obsession continues, lol!  I have a thing with Thin Mints.  Perfectly crunchy with the the right amount of chocolate and mint.  There’s no way you can eat just one!

Use this buttery sweet frosting for your favorite cakes, sandwiched in cookies, over cupcakes and on graham crackers.  Nom Nom Nom 🙂

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

Start with 2 sticks of softened butter.  That’s always a good way to start something 🙂  Please use the whisk attachment.  I caught that a little late, ha!

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

Powdered sugar up next.

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

Just about ready to mix.

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

Add about 10 drops of peppermint essential oil or 2 teaspoon of peppermint extract.

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

Mix, mix, mix!  Love my little helper.

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

Time for the cookies!

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

Pax was a willing helper today 🙂

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream
Now, this is the way I like to enjoy my buttercream…sandwiched in between 2 Thin Mints. Enjoy!

Peppermint Thin Mint Buttercream

Peppermint Thin Mint ButtercreamPrep time: 5 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 5 min Ingredients

• 2 sticks softened butter, unsalted
  • 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 10 drops peppermint essential oil or 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
  • 10 Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, crushed

Directions

1. Place butter into stand mixer and beat until well combined. Slowly add powdered sugar, peppermint and crushed Thin Mints. Beat until combined, but be cautious to not over mix. Remove and store in an airtight container for up to 7-10 days. If you refrigerate, thaw to room temperature before using.

Makes Makes Enough frosting for 12 cupcakes or a 9 inch cake

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Well, helloooooo GORGEOUS!!! This is what dreams are made of!

Aggie says:

I love your little helper too! So adorable. This is genius Jenny…sounds so so good!!!

Thin mints FTW!!! Wow, I could totally eat the whole bowl of this. 🙂

Gaby says:

I am dying! This is so fantastic!!!

That thin mint sandwich at the end, seals the deal ~ YUM!

Naomi says:

I LOVE that you sandwiched it between two thin mints!

thin mints are the best! yum!!

Oh my goodness! How decadent! What a cute helper too!

This is absolutely brilliant! There is so much I could do with this buttercream.

TidyMom says:

WINNING!!! and that adorable little helper makes it even sweeter!

Matea says:

Yum. Just yum. (!!!)

Rachel says:

Yum! This recipe takes thin mints to the next level!!!!

What a cutie you have! Thin mints are my boys’ favorite Girl Scout cookies – what a fun idea!

Ohmygosh. I want to face plant into this!

This is brilliant!! Now I’m thinking of all the other fun things you could crush up and put into buttercream 🙂 the possibilities are endless!

Wow!!!! That looks so yummy, feel like having a bite. 😀 Fabulous idea!!

FoodCrafters says:

Neat! Mint & choc is always a winner, especially when it comes in such a creamy form!

Thin Mint frosting in between 2 Thin Mints…I like how you think!!! Love those cookies too!!!

Oh yum! I love Thin Mints… these must taste amazing!!

I just got my Girl Scout Cookies delivered last night. I can’t wait to try this.

Oh wow, gimme!! I’ll just need the bowl and a spoon haha!

Not sure it would make it on anything because I would eat that straight outta the bowl!

mira says:

Thin mints are my favorite GS cookies and this buttercream looks amazing! Pinned to try it!

Kristen says:

This seriously looks AMAZING! And your little boy is so sweet! I love having little helpers in the kitchen!

What a cute little helper! I would totally eat this with a spoon!

Oh. my. Word. You had me at Thin Mint… 🙂

Darra Varlas says:

I’ll be trying this with the peppermint extract! For those who are not familiar with EOs, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not ingest them, and also research the use of peppermint on children under 6. They are not safe, we dont even keep it in the house for that reason. Thank you for the recipes!