Mini 7 Layer Bean Dip Bowls
Tags: beans, black olives, cheddar cheese, cilantro, guacamole, salsa, sour cream
My Mini 7 Layer Bean Dip Bowls make the perfect appetizer for any party and great for game day eats!
So excited to share this fun appetizer with you today! It’s always a pleasure working with Old El Paso to bring you new recipes with an awesome Mexican flare.
I transformed my idea of a 7 layer bean dip into these adorable bite size bread bowls that you can gobble up in a few bites. All of my favorite flavors layered together in a perfectly fit in your hand recipe!
Hope you enjoy!
You’ll start with some of my favorite ingredients in a 7 layer bean dip. I added Old El Paso Taco Seasoning to the sour cream and refried beans…so much great flavor!
You’ll need French Bread dough for the mini bread bowls. I used Pillsbury, the Simply line.
You’ll slice the dough into 12 pieces.
Press the dough in bottom and up sides of muffin tin cups. As soon as your remove them from the oven, use the bottom end of a wooden spoon and press out the centers to form little bowls.
Here’s the Old El Paso Taco Seasoning I used.
Add 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning to your sour cream.
Add 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning to your refried beans.
Spread 1 teaspoon of beans into bottom of little bowls then top with 1/2 teaspoon of salsa.
Top with 1/2 teaspoon guacamole and 1/2 teaspoon sour cream.
Top with a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese.
Last but not least, top with a pinch of fresh chopped cilantro and a black olive if you’d like.
My little helper was playing cops and robbers with my little appetizers, ha!
What a crack up, this boy 🙂
Serve these babies room temperature and enjoy!
Mini 7 Layer Bean Dip Bowls
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1 pound French Bread dough, I used Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Unroll french bread dough and place on parchment paper. Cut into 12 equal slices. Press each slice of dough in bottom and up sides of muffin tin cups. Bake for 12 minutes, remove and with the end of a wooden spoon press centers of bread to form little bowls. Remove and set aside.
- Place beans and 2 teaspoons of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning into a small bowl. Stir to combine then spread 1 tablespoon into bottom of each bread bowl. Next, layer with 1 teaspoon of salsa. Place avocado, salt and lime juice into a small bowl, stir to combine. For the next layer top with 1 teaspoon of guacamole. Mix sour cream and remaining 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning into a small bowl. Layer 1 teaspoon of cream mixture over guacamole. Top with a pinch of cheese, cilantro and a black olive. Serve room temperature.
Makes 12 Servings
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Old El Paso, however thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.