Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Appetizers and Sides
Apr
2015

Crispy Pan Roasted Potatoes

Tags:

Try these Crispy Pan Roasted Potatoes for breakfast, lunch or dinner! We literally enjoy them at least once or twice a week.
Crispy Pan Fried Potatoes

Where do I even start with these crispy little perfect potatoes? ย Not even kidding, I make these for breakfast and make extra so we can enjoy them for dinner during the week. ย I like to serve them with a rotisserie chicken, side of vegetables and a salad. Such a simple dinner that the family LOVES.

Be sure to try these with a side of scrambled eggs in the mornings or inside a frittata like my newest Cheddar Potato Bacon Frittata coming first thing Wednesday!

Crispy Pan Fried Potatoes

You’ll need about 3 pounds of diced russet potatoes to get started.

Crispy Pan Fried Potatoes

Use a large 3-5 quart ย skillet with hot oil.

Crispy Pan Fried Potatoes

Salt and pepper please!

Crispy Pan Fried Potatoes

A little garlic salt.

Crispy Pan Fried Potatoes

With a little patience you get these crispy little beauties!!!

Crispy Pan Fried Potatoes

Crispy Pan Roasted Potatoes

Crispy Pan Fried PotatoesPrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 25 min

Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 pounds russet potatoes, diced into 1 inch pieces
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1. Preheat large 3-5 quart skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. When pan is hot add potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine then let sit for 5 minutes before stirring again. You want to potatoes to get that nice golden crust, so let then sit in the pan for a good 5 minutes after each stir. Continue this process until the potatoes are fork tender and golden crisp. Remove and serve warm.

Makes 8 Servings

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Jess says:

Ohh it’s been WAY too long since I’ve had just good old fashioned crispy potatoes! Thanks for the reminder – they’re going on next week’s menu!

Matea says:

Crispy potatoes are my favorite! I usually bake them; either way, delicious!

Crispy potatoes are my all time fav. Adding garlic salt is a good idea. Going to try it next time.

Oh man, I could live on crispy breakfast potatoes. Love your method!!

There is nothing better than crispy potatoes! Great recipe, Jenny!

Kristen says:

My family love crispy potatoes. Your taters look so good!

I LOVE crispy potatoes!! They’re the best! The outer crust is my fav, haha ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice! I love that they are pan roasted as it frees up oven time for other things for a large dinners like a holiday dinner.

One of my favorites!! These look absolutely perfect ๐Ÿ™‚

marla says:

I could def munch on these all day long!

Crispy potatoes are my absolute favorite! What a simple breakfast idea! Pinned ๐Ÿ™‚

Chels R. says:

These are beautiful! I could eat crispy potatoes every day of my life.

We love potatoes… Caleb will eat the whole pan!

these look awesome! probably great with just about everything!

My boys are constantly asking for potatoes – these are perfect!

My kids don’t consider it an actual dinner without potatoes. They would love this crispy recipe!

[…] herby and spiced. I want to try and recreate them on Fooduzzi, and I might just start with this crispy potato recipe. […]

Mack says:

Crispy potatoes? We call those homefries here in Ohio.

rogard says:

can i freeze these once made for use in a week?