Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Appetizers and Sides
May
2015

Tags: , ,

My Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce are perfect for summer entertaining!
Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

This post was brought to you by the makers of French’s Sweet Yellow Mustard and Spicy Yellow Mustard. I received compensation to write this post through the Sweet and Spicy Influencer Program…all opinions expressed are my own.

Thrilled to share these fun party meatballs with you today!  I’ve partnered with French’s Mustard to bring you a new appetizer that will be the hit of the party.  Flavorful bite size meatballs with a mustard cream sauce that pops with sweet and spicy notes.

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

So excited to share these two new mustard flavors with you today!  French’s Spicy Mustard with Cayenne Pepper and French’s Sweet Mustard with Brown Sugar.  The flavor possibilities are endless, perfect for something sweet, spicy or a little of both!  I love that French’s isn’t just for hotdogs and hamburgers, its perfect for bringing amazing flavor to everyday cooking such as my meatballs and mustard cream sauce.

Crafted with only simple, quality ingredients, including stone-ground #1 mustard seed, French’s Classic Mustard has been America’s best-loved mustard for more than 100 years.

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

Place your beef into a large mixing bowl.  Add your ingredients into the bowl.

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

I added French’s Spicy Mustard for a nice little kick to the meatballs.

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

Gently stir all ingredients together.  Mix until just combined.

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

Take about 2 tablespoons of beef and roll into meatballs.

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

Heat 3 tablespoons of oil into a large skillet over medium heat.  Add meatballs in batches, browning all sides.

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

Prepare your mustard cream sauce while the meatballs are browning.  You’ll use French’s Sweet Mustard and Spicy Mustard that makes the perfect sauce over your meatballs.

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

Remove meatballs from pan, carefully pour hot oil from pan.  Add meatballs back to skillet and pour in the mustard cream sauce.

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

Add a few pinches of fresh thyme and now it’s time to enjoy!

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

Perfect for snacking on with a fork, or great served with a side of pasta.

Enjoy!

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream Sauce

Homemade Party Meatballs with Sweet and Spicy Mustard Cream SaucePrep time: 25 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 30 min Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups half and half
  • 1 teaspoon French’s Sweet Mustard
  • 1 teaspoon French’s Spicy Mustard
  • 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth

Directions

1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Add Panko, Parmesan, salt, pepper, egg, milk, mustard and hot sauce. Gently mix until combined. Take 2 tablespoons of meatball mixture and roll into balls. In batches, add meatballs to hot skillet, browning all sides, about 5 minutes. Removed meatballs. Remove oil from skillet then add meatballs back to skillet over low heat.
  2. To prepare mustard cream sauce, place butter into medium saucepan over medium heat. When melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper until thick and bubbly. Slowly whisk in half and half cooking until thickened. Whisk in mustards and chicken broth until smooth. Pour sauce over meatballs. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves if desired. Serve immediately. Sauce thickens as it simmers. As needed, stir in additional chicken broth to loosen sauce.

Makes 4 Servings, 4-5 meatballs each serving

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

Medeja says:

Oh I love that mustard sauce! Sounds very delicious!

Karen says:

These meatballs look amazing, and it is a nice change to have the mustard sauce as opposed to the sweet style sauces that usually accompany meatballs…thank you!

My boys will love these!

Kristen says:

These look wonderful! A mustard cream sauce is something I could definitely get into. This is so goofy, but I love the French’s Mustard commercial on TV right now. I could watch it again and again.

On the list to make this week! I’ll never pass up a good meatball!

I can see these meatballs on a big crunchy bun with a crunchy slaw for my husband and I like how you used both the spicy and sweet mustards in this bad boy. Game on.

Liz says:

Sounds and looks delicious. Thank you and have a great Wednesday!

That sauce sounds absolutely amazing, Jenny! What a fun dish for parties or weeknight meals.

We go through mountains of meatballs here but usually always with marinara, I need to try this sauce!

These look so good – pinning!

These look so easy and I bet they taste awesome! I love sauces that include mustard!

naomi says:

These are perfect – so easy and so good. Love that you used the new French’s mustards in these meatballs

I’m so saving this recipe for my husband. He LOVES mustard more than most things!

Rachel Cooks says:

Oh boy I could eat a giannnnnt bowl of these! They look perfect!

Holy cow! I would definitely eat more than one serving of these! That sauce sounds amazing!

This looks incredibly delicious! Sweet and spicy is the perfect combo in my book!

I had no idea French’s made flavored mustard. I need to get all up in these meatballs…ASAP! Pinned.

Deborah says:

These are definitely perfect for a party! Love that you can go sweet OR spicy!

I adore meatballs so much and that sauce looks to die for!!

Gaby says:

The sauce on these meatballs looks so delicious! Love these!

Oh yum, I love meatballs! And you made them even more delicious with this yummy mustard sauce – pinning! 🙂

These sound so great! Pinning for a party!

Excited to try these new mustard flavors! How fun 🙂 These meatballs look great!

I’d be drawn to this at a party! Yum!

marla says:

I could def eat an entire batch of these!

TidyMom says:

I love how you used a mustard sauce on meatballs!! What a fabulous and delicious idea!
    Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

phun xam moi says:

I thic this article

phun xam moi says:

tôi thíc bài viết này

Excellent-looking meatballs Jenny! Loved your mustard bechamel sauce, especially since it contains chicken broth as well!
    Regarding Panko breadcrumbs, we don’t have those here in Greece, is this coarse crumbled bread? Could we use that instead? If yes, do we have to soak the bread first or is it used as is (dry)?
    Thank you very much for a beautiful, delicious recipe!
    Have a great week!
    Panos and Mirella
    PS Your photos rock!

リミテッドエディション,トゥッティフルッティ,トゥールビヨンソロバットバン,ウブロ ビッグバン トゥールビヨン ソロ バットバン 28800振動 (手巻き),ウブロ ビッグバン トゥールビヨン ソロ バットバン 28800振動 (手巻き), BOX, ビッグバンブラックマジック衝撃のクオーツ式腕時計の開発|エプソン水晶デバイス世界初のクオーツ式腕時計である「クオーツアストロン 35Q」。当時、高精度と小型化の開発競争を制したのが、諏訪湖のほとりに社屋を構えていた諏訪精工舎(現在のセイコーエプソン)である
    2015年の新素材-新作!高品質 腕時計高品質の追求 超N品を良心価格で提供スーパーコピーブランドバッグ、財布、時計代引き専門店2015年人気最新品、新素材! には、ルイヴィトンコピー、シャネルコピー、グッチコピー、コーチコピー、ロレックスコピー、プラダコピー、ブルガリ財布コピーその他小物等、ブランド品、、ルイヴィトン、PRADA、Coach、GUCCI、CHANEL、BVLGARI、デュポン、ROLEX時針各種海外有名ブランド品を豊富に取り揃え、しかもお客様を第一と考えて、驚きの低価格で提供しております。税関の没収する商品は再度無料にして発送します。広大な客を歓迎して買います!3-6日にきっと引き渡す.スーパーコピーブランド時計 http://www.ooobrand.com/bags/chanel/index.html