Sharing a delicious meatball recipe today! My Creamy Meatball Recipe is perfect for summer entertaining and packed with flavor your guests are going to love!
Sharing the best creamy meatball recipe with you today! Thrilled to share these fun party meatballs that are flavorful bite size meatballs with a mustard cream sauce that pops with sweet and spicy notes.
Place your beef into a large mixing bowl. Add your ingredients into the bowl. Gently stir all ingredients together. Mix until just combined. Take about 2 tablespoons of beef and roll into meatballs. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs in batches, browning all sides.
Prepare your mustard cream sauce while the meatballs are browning. Remove meatballs from pan, carefully pour hot oil from pan. Add meatballs back to skillet and pour in the mustard cream sauce. Add a few pinches of fresh thyme and now it’s time to enjoy!
Perfect for snacking on with a fork, or great served with a side of pasta.
Tips For Making The BEST Meatballs
- While you can make meatballs out of any ground meat, fattier meats like beef, lamb, and pork will yield more tender meatballs. If you use leaner meats like chicken or turkey, be careful not to overcook them or they can become tough. For great flavor, use a blend of different kinds of ground meats.
- You want to keep the fat from melting and breaking down before you cook the meatballs, so keep your meat and ingredients as cold as possible. Make the mixture in a chilled bowl, and if you are adding precooked ingredients like onions, let them cool down completely before adding them in.
- Since the protein in meat makes it shrink when cooked and can result in tough meatballs, you want some insurance against that. Eggs and binders like breadcrumbs mixed with milk all help with keeping meatballs tender and moist, so don’t skip any of these.
- If meatballs are packed too tightly and compactly, they’ll turn out tough, rubbery, and chewy. Oil your hands so that the mixture won’t stick to them and gently and quickly form the meatballs. Better yet, use a small ice cream scoop to make uniformly-sized meatballs.
- Frying meatballs in spattering oil on the stove not your thing? It’s not ours either. To get that delicious browning on the outside of meatballs, just bake or broil them instead! This method is quick, easy, and spatter free.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon French’s Spicy Mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
Mustard Cream Sauce
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons yellow Mustard
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Add Panko, Parmesan, salt, pepper, egg, milk, mustard and hot sauce. Gently mix until combined. Take 2 tablespoons of meatball mixture and roll into balls. In batches, add meatballs to hot skillet, browning all sides, about 5 minutes. Removed meatballs. Remove oil from skillet then add meatballs back to skillet over low heat.
- To prepare mustard cream sauce, place butter into medium saucepan over medium heat. When melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper until thick and bubbly. Slowly whisk in half and half cooking until thickened. Whisk in mustards and chicken broth until smooth. Pour sauce over meatballs. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves if desired. Serve immediately. Sauce thickens as it simmers. As needed, stir in additional chicken broth to loosen sauce.