Sharing a delicious meatball recipe today! My Creamy Meatball Recipe is perfect for summer entertaining and packed with flavor your guests are going to love!
Sharing the best creamy meatball recipe with you today! Thrilled to share these fun party meatballs that are flavorful bite size meatballs with a mustard cream sauce that pops with sweet and spicy notes.
Try my Classic Homemade Meatballs too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Place your beef into a large mixing bowl. Add your ingredients into the bowl. Gently stir all ingredients together. Mix until just combined. Take about 2 tablespoons of beef and roll into meatballs. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs in batches, browning all sides.
Prepare your mustard cream sauce while the meatballs are browning. Remove meatballs from pan, carefully pour hot oil from pan. Add meatballs back to skillet and pour in the mustard cream sauce. Add a few pinches of fresh thyme and now it’s time to enjoy!
Perfect for snacking on with a fork, or great served with a side of pasta.
Tips For Making The BEST Meatballs
- While you can make meatballs out of any ground meat, fattier meats like beef, lamb, and pork will yield more tender meatballs. If you use leaner meats like chicken or turkey, be careful not to overcook them or they can become tough. For great flavor, use a blend of different kinds of ground meats.
- You want to keep the fat from melting and breaking down before you cook the meatballs, so keep your meat and ingredients as cold as possible. Make the mixture in a chilled bowl, and if you are adding precooked ingredients like onions, let them cool down completely before adding them in.
- Since the protein in meat makes it shrink when cooked and can result in tough meatballs, you want some insurance against that. Eggs and binders like breadcrumbs mixed with milk all help with keeping meatballs tender and moist, so don’t skip any of these.
- If meatballs are packed too tightly and compactly, they’ll turn out tough, rubbery, and chewy. Oil your hands so that the mixture won’t stick to them and gently and quickly form the meatballs. Better yet, use a small ice cream scoop to make uniformly-sized meatballs.
- Frying meatballs in spattering oil on the stove not your thing? It’s not ours either. To get that delicious browning on the outside of meatballs, just bake or broil them instead! This method is quick, easy, and spatter free.
Creamy Meatball Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon French’s Spicy Mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
Mustard Cream Sauce
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons yellow Mustard
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Add Panko, Parmesan, salt, pepper, egg, milk, mustard and hot sauce. Gently mix until combined. Take 2 tablespoons of meatball mixture and roll into balls. In batches, add meatballs to hot skillet, browning all sides, about 5 minutes. Removed meatballs. Remove oil from skillet then add meatballs back to skillet over low heat.
- To prepare mustard cream sauce, place butter into medium saucepan over medium heat. When melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper until thick and bubbly. Slowly whisk in half and half cooking until thickened. Whisk in mustards and chicken broth until smooth. Pour sauce over meatballs. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves if desired. Serve immediately. Sauce thickens as it simmers. As needed, stir in additional chicken broth to loosen sauce.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board
リミテッドエディション，トゥッティフルッティ，トゥールビヨンソロバットバン，ウブロ ビッグバン トゥールビヨン ソロ バットバン 28800振動 (手巻き)，ウブロ ビッグバン トゥールビヨン ソロ バットバン 28800振動 (手巻き)， BOX， ビッグバンブラックマジック衝撃のクオーツ式腕時計の開発｜エプソン水晶デバイス世界初のクオーツ式腕時計である「クオーツアストロン 35Q」。当時、高精度と小型化の開発競争を制したのが、諏訪湖のほとりに社屋を構えていた諏訪精工舎（現在のセイコーエプソン）である
2015年の新素材-新作!高品質 腕時計高品質の追求 超N品を良心価格で提供スーパーコピーブランドバッグ、財布、時計代引き専門店2015年人気最新品、新素材! には、ルイヴィトンコピー、シャネルコピー、グッチコピー、コーチコピー、ロレックスコピー、プラダコピー、ブルガリ財布コピーその他小物等、ブランド品、、ルイヴィトン、PRADA、Coach、GUCCI、CHANEL、BVLGARI、デュポン、ROLEX時針各種海外有名ブランド品を豊富に取り揃え、しかもお客様を第一と考えて、驚きの低価格で提供しております。税関の没収する商品は再度無料にして発送します。広大な客を歓迎して買います！3-6日にきっと引き渡す.スーパーコピーブランド時計 http://www.ooobrand.com/bags/chanel/index.html
Excellent-looking meatballs Jenny! Loved your mustard bechamel sauce, especially since it contains chicken broth as well!
Regarding Panko breadcrumbs, we don’t have those here in Greece, is this coarse crumbled bread? Could we use that instead? If yes, do we have to soak the bread first or is it used as is (dry)?
Thank you very much for a beautiful, delicious recipe!
Have a great week!
Panos and Mirella
PS Your photos rock!
tôi thíc bài viết này
I thic this article
I love how you used a mustard sauce on meatballs!! What a fabulous and delicious idea!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
I could def eat an entire batch of these!
I’d be drawn to this at a party! Yum!
Excited to try these new mustard flavors! How fun 🙂 These meatballs look great!
These sound so great! Pinning for a party!
Oh yum, I love meatballs! And you made them even more delicious with this yummy mustard sauce – pinning! 🙂
The sauce on these meatballs looks so delicious! Love these!
I adore meatballs so much and that sauce looks to die for!!
These are definitely perfect for a party! Love that you can go sweet OR spicy!
I had no idea French’s made flavored mustard. I need to get all up in these meatballs…ASAP! Pinned.
This looks incredibly delicious! Sweet and spicy is the perfect combo in my book!
Oh boy I could eat a giannnnnt bowl of these! They look perfect!
I’m so saving this recipe for my husband. He LOVES mustard more than most things!
These are perfect – so easy and so good. Love that you used the new French’s mustards in these meatballs
These look so easy and I bet they taste awesome! I love sauces that include mustard!
These look so good – pinning!
We go through mountains of meatballs here but usually always with marinara, I need to try this sauce!
That sauce sounds absolutely amazing, Jenny! What a fun dish for parties or weeknight meals.
Sounds and looks delicious. Thank you and have a great Wednesday!
I can see these meatballs on a big crunchy bun with a crunchy slaw for my husband and I like how you used both the spicy and sweet mustards in this bad boy. Game on.
On the list to make this week! I’ll never pass up a good meatball!
These look wonderful! A mustard cream sauce is something I could definitely get into. This is so goofy, but I love the French’s Mustard commercial on TV right now. I could watch it again and again.
My boys will love these!
These meatballs look amazing, and it is a nice change to have the mustard sauce as opposed to the sweet style sauces that usually accompany meatballs…thank you!
Oh I love that mustard sauce! Sounds very delicious!