Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Desserts
Jul
2015

Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting

Tags: , , ,

This Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting is so good you don’t even need the cupcakes. Eat with a spoon or spread over your favorite graham crackers for a simple summer treat!
Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting

Sharing one of my “go to” frosting recipes that I’ve used for years.  Adding cinnamon to my cream cheese frosting is dangeously delicious! Some people make frosting for cupcakes….I have to admit, sometimes I make this frosting just for digging in with a spoon or spreading over graham crackers.  Yikes it’s good.

Hope you enjoy!!

Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting

Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting

Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 0 min | Total time: 5 min

Ingredients

• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
  • 3-4 Cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. To prepare frosting, place butter and cream cheese into a mixing bowl, beating until creamy and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until you get the consistency you desire….between 3 and 4 cups. Stir in cinnamon then frost over cupcakes.

Makes Frosting for 12 cupcakes

Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Comments

What a great twist on a classic!

So nice and simple and yet so good!

Lynne says:

Looks really good Jenny! I must try!

I need this NOW!!!

Gaby says:

This would be eaten before it got on anything in my house!!!

I can think of so many things to put this on!

Naomi says:

OMG – I want to spread this on everything!

Cinnamon and sugar is one of my favorite flavor combinations! I love your suggestion to spread on graham crackers! Thanks for the recipe, Jenny!

I would probably (most likely) lick the entire bowl clean!!

I have a batch of cupcakes to make… because this frosting has to be made!!

Cory says:

Find out the best cooking books for new cooks! With thise prices you will never go wrong!

Marilyn says:

Thanks for this recipe; it sounds yummy. What kind of cupcakes are it best on? Seems like it would be good on a gingerbread cupcake so will have to look for a recipe for those.