Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Tags: , , , , , ,

This Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake is a weeknight dinner champ. Simple to prepare with flavors the whole family enjoys. Be sure to add it to your dinner menu this week!
Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

It’s always a blast partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new simple dinner ideas.  Hands down some of my very favorite type of recipes to develop.  I know how busy the weeknights get with the kids, so I love having simple dinners on regular rotation.

Instead of rolling individual enchiladas, I cut up tortillas and did a “layered enchilada” dish that’s done in about 30 minutes from start to finish.  All simple pantry ingredients too.  This is a great dinner recipe to get the kids to help with.  They’ll love feeling apart of dinnertime.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

You’ll use Old El Paso Flour Tortillas, Red Enchilada Sauce and Green Chilies.  Love having these products stocked in my pantry for quick fix dinners.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

You’ll start by cutting your tortillas into little triangles.  Really any shape will do, you can even tear them into pieces.  Whatever you are in the mood for.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

Place half of your cut tortillas into your prepared baking dish.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

You’ll brown your beef, onion and garlic.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

Add your Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauces.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

A little bit of sour cream.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

Top half of the meat sauce over your tortillas.

Black beans up next.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

Top with corn and chopped green chilies.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

Top with remaining tortilla pieces.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

The rest of the meat sauce.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

Cheese on top and it’s time to bake.

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

Cheesy, enchilada goodness.  Enjoy!

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada BakePrep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min

• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 cup finely chopped white onion
  • 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • two 10oz cans Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup black beans
  • 1 cup corn kernels
  • Old El Paso green chilies
  • 6 Old El Paso Flour Tortillas
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cooking for 5 minutes until softened. Add ground beef, cooking until crumbled and browned. Drain if needed. Add enchilada sauce and sour cream. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
  3. Tear tortillas into bite size pieces and place half into prepared baking dish. Top with half of the meat sauce, black beans, corn, green chilies then top with remaining tortillas. Top with rest of meat sauce and shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is hot and melted. Remove and serve warm.

Makes 6-8 Servings

Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Cheesy Layered Beef Enchilada Bake

FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.

Liz says:

This spicy, cheesy casserole would be the PERFECT dinner on this chilly day!

All that cheese makes me happy!

I know what I’m having for dinner tonight! Yum!

I love layered enchiladas! They’re so much easier to make 🙂

Summer says:

I love how this turned out! Looks so enticing ♥

My husband just saw me scrolling through this post and said, “Can we have have that for dinner?” – guess I know what we’re having tonight!

Baomi says:

This looks so good! Love how easy it is to make too!

Rachel says:

This looks so good and I love how it gives the enchiladas a fun twist! 🙂 Would it work well if I used chicken instead?

Simply Rachel Nicole

Karen says:

Delicious as is, and so many ways you could change this up! Even vegetarian if need be. What a great casserole! Once again,,thank you!

Don Rutherford says:

I make a similar enchilada recipe, even earlier this week.

I don’t tear the tortillas, but fit them in the pan going up the sides and then fill it with the ground beef mixture, extra hot for me, and then layer tortillas on top with enchilada sauce then cheese on top. I serve with cut up sweet onion, tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.

I haven’t used the black beans or corn, just refried, or whole pinto beans. Will have to try that as I have it several times a month.

Yes please for dinner tonight!!

Gaby Dalkin says:

Check out all those great cheesy layers!!

We have been on a Mexican food kick – my boys would devour this cheesy goodness!

I love that you made this into one large bake/casserole instead of individual Enchiladas!Also, I really, REALLY love that it’s done in like 30 minutes!

maria pandremmenou says:

this is my family’s preferable dish! we love old paso!

Leigh Anne says:

We are having it tonight but my kids want it with corn tortillas. Anyone tried it with corn instead of flour tortillas?

Dedi says:

Looks yummy! Pinning this for later, but I’m going to use corn tortillas since I have a kid that can’t have the gluten, and corn tortillas taste better. 😉

Don says:

I also love Old El Paso, but prefer a much hotter sauce like Sadies or 49505, or I just make my own.

I make a similar dish almost every week. Way to broaden our choices.

Wow! This could make for some delicious bar food! I like this recipe very much! I think with a little tweaking to help pair better with beer, it could be a hit! Just thinking out loud. Great article and recipe!

Kylie says:

Making this tonight but using chicken instead of ground beef, using homemade enchilada sauce instead of canned and did half with flour tortillas and half with corn tortillas!! Now just to wait the 20 mins to bake. My stomach is already growling!!