My Baked Enchilada Style Bean Burritos Supreme make the perfect meal for feeding a big group! Flavorful and simple to prepare.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new family friendly Mexican-style dinners. My boys love when we have burritos for dinner so I knew it’d be fun to create an enchilada style burrito with some of our favorite ingredients. Just minutes to prepare and you’ll have an impressive dinner for your family and friends.
Here are the ingredients I used to prepare my burritos.
You’ll need Old El Paso’s burrito size flour tortillas to get started.
I also used Old El Paso’s Traditional Refried Beans for the filling.
I top all of the filled burritos with Old El Paso’s Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce.
You’ll warm up the refried beans in a large skillet.
Add some diced tomatoes with chiles.
Give a nice stir and cook for a few minutes until hot.
Spoon the bean mixture down the center of the tortillas.
Top with a spoon of corn and torn cilantro leaves.
Place filled burritos seam side down into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Pour the enchilada sauce over tops of each burrito.
I pour down the center and let the rest pool at the bottom of the dish.
Top centers with shredded cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.
When burritos come out of the oven, right before serving top with diced avocado and chopped cilantro.
Beautiful colorful dinner ready in no time!
Diced tomatoes and black olives are great toppings as well.
If you’d like to freeze the burritos, freeze before adding the enchilada sauce then before baking add the sauce. You’ll top with avocado and cilantro after baking as well.
Baked Enchilada Style Bean Burritos Supreme
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- two 16 ounce cans Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 8 Burrito size Old El Paso Flour Tortillas
- 15 ounce Old El Paso Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Place beans and tomatoes in large skillet over medium heat. Stir until hot, about 5 minutes. Place a spoonful of bean mixture into center of tortillas. Top with a spoonful of corn and some torn cilantro leaves. Fold into burritos and place seam side down into prepared baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce and shredded cheese. Bake for 20-15 minutes until cheese is melted and hot. Remove and top with diced avocado, freshly ground black pepper and fresh chopped cilantro leaves. Serve warm.
Makes 8 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.