Very Berry Vanilla Cake Trifle
Tags: blueberries, cake, dessert, raspberries, strawberries, summer, trifle
This Very Berry Vanilla Cake Trifle is the perfect dessert for summer fun entertaining! Your family and friends will love the colorful layers.
It’s a pleasure partnering with Frigidaire Gallery® this year to bring you new fun recipes for your family and friends. Summer is such a great time to entertain. You’ll generally find us around the pool with friends daily enjoying great meals together.
I put together a beautiful summer trifle that’s super easy to make. Gorgeous berries layered with sweet whipped cream and soft vanilla cake pieces make for a delicious dessert to serve all summer long.
One of my favorite vanilla yellow cake recipes is so simple to prepare.
Add your oil and milk to your bowl.
Sour cream, pudding mix and eggs up next. Stir until well combined.
Pour batter evenly between two 8-inch cake pans.
Time to bake!
Seeing my new kitchen come together has been so exciting this summer! Using my new Frigidaire Gallery® Double Wall Oven has been amazing. Some of my favorite features so far are the quick preheat that takes just a few minutes, and the true convection option which circulates hot air throughout the oven for faster and more even baking. Really excited to test this out on my baking, cooking a whole chicken and our turkey dinner during the Holidays. I can steam clean the oven in 20 minutes and it’s chemical-free and odor- free. Plus the stainless steel is Smudge Proof™! Score! Needless to say I am going to be loving this double oven throughout every season. So exciting!
I just used one oven for my cakes today. Both pans fit nicely on the top shelf.
These will bake for close to 30 minutes.
Perfect, remove from oven and let cool. As a time saving tip, bake your cakes up to 3 days in advance. Cover tightly and store in refrigerator until ready to bake.
Make sure your strawberries are washed and dry. Remove stems and slice.
Wash and dry your vibrant raspberries.
Same with your blueberries.
Once your cakes are cool, cut into cubes and layer the first layer into the bottom of your trifle bowl.
Whipped cream up next!
Layer some berries over your whipped cream then another layer of cake.
Top with more whipped cream and berries for the top layer. Get creative and decorate the berries however you’d like.
Such a beautiful dessert!
You’ll want to place your trifle into the refrigerator until ready to serve. So excited about my new Frigidaire Gallery® French Door Refrigerator.
The Smudge-Proof™ Stainless Steel resists fingerprints and cleans easily. So incredibly helpful with all of the busy boys in my house.
I’m also loving the adjustable interior storage with more than 100 ways to organize and customize. The shelves can flip-up and slide-under to help me make room for tall or large items and the humidity-controlled crisper drawers can be configured any number of ways, either side-by-side or stacked on top of each other, so I can organize the refrigerator any way I want. Heaven knows I’m always moving things around with all of the things I’m cooking and baking, so helpful 🙂
My trifle fits perfectly and is ready to be enjoyed! Cover loosely with plastic wrap if desired. We were digging in right after these photos, so I left mine uncovered.
Very Berry Vanilla Cake Trifle
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 45 min
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3.4 ounce box vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray two 8-inch cake pans generously with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry strawberries, raspberries and blueberries then place into separate bowls. Place whipped cream into a large bowl and set aside.
- Place cake mix, eggs, milk, oil, sour cream and vanilla pudding mix into a large mixing bowl. Stir slowly to combine, then vigorously until batter is well combined. Transfer evenly to prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and let cool completely.
- Flip cakes over onto parchment paper and cut into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes. Place a layer of cake cubes into a trifle bowl then top with a thick layer of whipped cream. Arrange a layer of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries over cream. Repeat another layer of cake, whipped cream and berries filling to the top of your trifle bowl. Place Trifle into refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
Makes 8 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Frigidaire Gallery®. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.