These Peanut Butter Apple Hand Pies make the perfect sweet treat for your upcoming Holiday parties!
What a pleasure partnering with Karo® Syrup today to bring you a Holiday treat that will wow all of your guests! The texture Karo® Syrup brings to your baking is like no other. It’s always stocked in my pantry for all of my Holiday baking and I think you’ll find it’s a key ingredient to have around whenever you’re baking.
It’s so hard to believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner. So much fun cooking and baking going to happen. I have so many fun memories of cooking and baking around this time of year and can’t wait to dive in These little individual hand pies are a fun and simple dessert for your guests to enjoy! I started by using a Karo recipe for Apple Pie Bites, but changed it up a little with peanut butter and a double crust.
This recipe calls for just a few ingredients, and don’t forget the Karo® Syrup! Karo’s sweetness and ooey gooey texture will truly transform your recipe, and delivers just the right amount of sweetness while allowing your ingredients to stand-out.
Let’s start with some diced, peeled apples. About 1/4 inch.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter into a medium skillet.
Add your apples to the melted butter.
Cook for about 5 minutes, until apples are slightly softened. Remove from skillet when done.
Time for the Karo® Syrup!
Melt 1 tablespoon butter then add the Karo® Syrup.
Stir in the cinnamon and let mixture come to a low boil for a couple minutes until thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in cooked apples.
Stir in chopped pecans.
Stir in 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter.
How gorgeous does this look?!
Unroll your pie crust and cut about 3 inch rounds. I used a mason jar lid. A round cookie cutter works great too.
I was able to get 12 rounds out of each pie crust.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling into center of half the pie crust rounds.
Close with remaining pie crust rounds and press edges firmly. Brush lightly with melted butter. Bake until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Bite size and so simple to prepare. The flavors are perfection inside buttery crisp pie crust and they’re likely to go fast, so you’ll want to bake a little extra. It’s a great way to show you care and say “thank you” to someone you love around the holidays. Hope you enjoy baking a little extra with your family!
Peanut Butter Apple Hand Pies
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 40 min
- 1 box pie crusts, 2 count, brought to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/3 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crusts onto parchment paper. Use a round cookie cutter or cut 3 inch rounds in each crust.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until apple is tender. Transfer apples from skillet into a medium bowl using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Stir in corn syrup and cinnamon and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in reserved apples and nuts.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of apple mixture onto the middle of half of the round cut out pieces of crust. Place remaining crust rounds over top of filling and use fork to press edges firmly. Cut a few slits on top to allow for steam. Brush lightly with egg whites and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Remove and serve warm.
Makes 12 Servings
Recipe adapted from Apple Pie Bites via Karo Syrup
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Karo® Syrup. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.