Sharing the BEST banana bread today! You are going to love this festive Gingerbread Toffee Banana Bread. Perfect for Fall baking!
Best Banana Bread
I had so much fun playing around with a “fall themed” bread with some of my favorite ingredients. The molasses adds the perfect spice with cinnamon and toffee chips on top. Enjoy with your family and friends this season!
Try my Chocolate Chip Pistachio Banana Bread too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Here’s your line up of ingredients. Nice and simple with pantry staples.
How To Make Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9x3x5 inch loaf pan generously with non stick cooking spray.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar until well combined. Add egg, molasses, bananas and yogurt mixing until well combined. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and top evenly with toffee bits.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until baked through. Let cool for 30 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely. Cut into slices and serve!
Cream your sugar and butter.
Add your egg.
Smashed bananas up next then add dry ingredients.
What If I Don’t Have Ripe Bananas?
Here’s how you can ripen your bananas at home!
- Simply bake unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet in a 250°F oven until soft, 15-20 minutes. Let cool, peel, and they’re ready to use in your recipe!
Transfer your batter to a loaf pan sprayed generously with cooking spray.
What Kind Of Pan Should I Use?
I like to use loaf pans to make my breads. There are a few different sizes to choose from. You can use a 4 cup, 6 cup, or 8 cup loaf pan. It’s nice to have one small and one large loaf pan for different recipes.
Top with Heath Toffee Chips and bake until golden and cooked through.
Let cool and slice!
Tips For Making The BEST Banana Bread
- Add extra dairy for flavor and moistness such as buttermilk or sour cream.
- Use dark brown sugar for an extra richness in your bread.
- Consider adding crunchy nuts for texture!
- Bananas should be very ripe.
- To store ripe bananas: freeze with or without the peel. Return to room temperature before baking. You’ll find previously frozen bananas are easy to work with and produce extra-moist banana bread.
- Choose oil over butter. Oil emulsifies and coats the flour, preventing it from absorbing too much water which results in dry bread bread.
- With a spatula, fold dry and wet ingredients together for a tender crumb.
- Walnuts are the nut of choice for banana bread, as their slightly bitter taste complements the sweetness of the bread.
- Try the optional streusel topping for fancy banana bread you can serve for dessert.
- Use a toothpick to test banana bread for doneness in three places: left, center and right side.
Gingerbread Toffee Banana Bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup all purpose All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x3x5 inch loaf pan generously with non stick cooking spray.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar until well combined. Add egg, molasses, bananas and yogurt mixing until well combined. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and top evenly with toffee bits. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until baked through. Let cool for 30 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely. Cut into slices and serve!
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board