Good Thursday everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your week. A couple cool things for you….
First, is this great weeknight dinner idea. Easy and family friendly is always a plus in my book. I took one of my favorite dishes, Chicken Cordon Bleu and turned it into an easy to put together casserole. Trust me, the whole family will love this cheesy rice dinner. Enjoy! Oh, and check out my newest article I wrote for the 3-A-Day folks featured on Shine.com and Gather.com, I’m having so much fun with them.
Cheesy Chicken Cordon Bleu Rice Casserole
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
½ lb diced ham
2 Cups cooked shredded chicken breast
4 Tablespoons butter
¼ Cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
14 oz can chicken broth
3 Cups cooked rice of choice (I used white long grain)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Cup shredded mozzarella or swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a large 5 qt rimmed skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ham and chicken. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Melt butter then stir in flour, salt and pepper until combined. Slowly stir in chicken broth until well combined. Stir in cooked rice then transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cover the dish with foil the last 10 minutes for oozing cheese.
Cheesy Chicken Cordon Bleu Rice Casserole
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- ½ lb diced ham
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice of choice I used white long grain
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a large 5 qt rimmed skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ham, and chicken. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Melt butter then stir in the flour, salt, and pepper until combined. Slowly stir in chicken broth until well combined. Stir in cooked rice then transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cover the dish with foil for the last 10 minutes for oozing cheese.
Pomegranate Juice Givaway!
Second, I was excited to get an email from the folks at POM filling me about this great Blogger recipe contest they are hosting. Click HERE for the details on a chance to win $5,000 bucks.
They also gave me the opportunity to have a fun little giveaway. One of my readers will receive 10 coupons for free POM juice. I got a complimentary case in the mail today and YUM, it is good stuff not to mention really good for you.
To be entered, just leave a comment on this post by Saturday the 8th before midnight AZ MST. Good Luck everyone and have a great rest of your week!
However ffor business purposes, thesy have significant limitations.
Also, be certain that there are no broken links anywhere on your website.
Once the account is created, a set of lolgin information would be provided
to you that you can use with your FTP client.
Excellent blog right here! Additionally your site lots up fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink in your host? I desire my website loaded up as fast as yours lol|
This juice is absolutely wonderful!!! I got it for myself, but my son keeps taking them. I will have to come up with a hiding place in my kitchen to keep it out of everyone’s sight!!!
The receipe looks great. POM Juice is tasty and very good for you!
Just wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness for your post is simply spectacular and that i can suppose you’re an expert in this subject. Fine along with your permission let me to seize your RSS feed to stay updated with drawing close post. Thank you one million and please continue the enjoyable work.
I take pleasure in, cause I discovered exactly what I used to be taking a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye
Would love to win some POM!!!
Would love to win some great tasting juice. I love it.
LOVE the POM juices!!! And this recipe looks great, too.
After reading this I thought it was extremely informative. I appreciate you taking the time to set this webpage piece together. I once again locate myself spending way to much time both studying and commenting. What ever, it was still worth it
Wow! I tried this recipe earlier in the week and it was so good. I couldn’t stop eating it! I’m so glad I came across your blog. Thanks for sharing so many tasty recieps!
Another winning recipe in my house. We tried it last night and even my husband loved it! He is such a picky eater!!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
I know your giveaway is over, but I just wanted to say that this casserole looks really great! I definitely want to give it a try.
The casserole looks tasty. Wonder how I could make a vegetarian version…
PS: Heard you can buy cinnamon chips at Food City. I haven’t checked yet though.
Love the casserole recipe. Could you come up with some yummy recipes to use up about a hundred butterfinger, nestle crunch and baby ruth candy bars. I have Halloween candy coming out my ears!
I have heard a lot about this stuff! This would be a great way to try it out! Thanks!
Exciting! Sounds yummy.
Love your blog and love POM.
Pick me! I want to try it.
My family loves POM juice, it is expensive but worth it. I would love to get some for free. How cool would that be to get a free case in the mail, what a gift. Pick me….
We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Ptitchef.com.
We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.
Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com (more than 30 000 visitors per day)
To add your site to the Ptitchef family you can use http://www.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to http://en.petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"
That sounds delicious! I am very excited about this POM contest. I hope I win! 🙂
I’ve never tried it, but would love to!!!
I’ve never tried it, but have heard good things about it. Everyone says it’s really good! I hope I win! *crosses fingers*