Cheesy Taco Chili Rice Bake
This Cheesy Taco Chili Rice Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner that is done in no time. Be sure to add it to your menu this week!
I love partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new quick and simple Mexican-style dinner recipes. I created this taco seasoned chili rice bake recipe that I’ve baked over rice. Top with your favorite taco ingredients and the family will go nuts for this dinner. This also makes a great meal to take to any friends, family or neighbors in need. Hope you enjoy!
You’ll use Old El Paso’s Original Taco Seasoning to spice up your chili.
Add the taco seasoning right to the pot of chili.
Give a nice stir and simmer.
Place your cooked rice into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Get ready to spoon your chili over the rice.
Pour evenly over your rice layer.
Top with lots of shredded cheddar cheese. Time to bake!
I used cherry tomatoes for one of my toppings.
Cut them in half to be ready when the dish is done cooking.
Chop some fresh cilantro and cube some ripe avocado for toppings as well.
When taco chili rice is done baking top with tomatoes, cilantro and avocado pieces. Serve warm 🙂
My boys went absolutely nuts for this. They may have picked off some of the toppings, but overall it was a huge success.
Cheesy Mexican-style chili and rice….drooling all over again. Hope you enjoy!
Cheesy Taco Chili Rice Bake
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 35 min
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with chilies, mild version
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 packet Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large avocado, halved and pitted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and brown ground beef. Add salt and pepper, stirring until crumbled and browned. Add diced tomatoes, beans, cumin, chili powder and Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Place rice evenly to bottom of prepared baking dish. Top with chili then top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted and dish is hot. Remove.
- Slice cherry tomatoes, chop fresh cilantro and dice avocado. Top evenly over dish. Serve warm.
Makes 8 Servings
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.