Chicken Black Bean Enchiladas Freezer Meal
Tags: black beans, cheese, chicken, chicken enchiladas, dinner, enchiladas, freezer meal, mexican
This Chicken Black Bean Enchiladas Freezer Meal is perfect for taking dinner to a friend or having on hand for a last minute dinner!
Enchiladas for dinner are one of our very favorite dinner recipes. Having freezer meals are so great to pull out when time is short for is dinner. Some nights I am scrambling to get dinner on the table, so I appreciate having freezer meals available. These chicken enchiladas are going to knock your socks off!
Be sure to check out my Weeknight Chicken Enchiladas too!
Such a pleasure partnering with Frigidaire Gallery® to bring you new recipes that the whole family will enjoy and saves you time in the kitchen. I prepared a simple freezer meal with only a few ingredients that you can put together in no time. I like to have freezer dinners on hand in case a friend is in need or when I run out of time during my busy week. So nice to pull something out that you’ve prepared ahead of time.
How To Prepare Chicken Enchiladas
To start, spoon some enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of your disposable baking dish.
Warm your tortillas so they don’t break when you roll them and place into dish.
Layer each tortilla with some shredded cheese, chicken and black beans. Be sure to not overfill the tortillas, makes rolling and transferring to dish difficult.
Transfer rolled enchiladas seam side down into dish, keeping as tight as possible.
Where Can I Find Disposable Pans Like This?
Find these 9×13 inch disposable baking pans in the baking section of your grocery store. If not there, check where the tin foil and ziplock baggies are sold. These are so great to have on hand for freezer meals and storing leftovers in. They come in a variety of sizes
Fill pan like so.
Spoon remaining enchilada sauce evenly over top.
Top with shredded cheese.
At this point, cover tightly with foil or press and seal wrap. Label and get ready for the freezer.
Place your baking pan so the label is visible and easy to see. Love how nice and bright the LED lights are in this freezer. Makes it so convenient.
Loving the adjustable door bins and shelves you can organize to your liking for the different items you might have in your freezer. When you are ready to serve the enchiladas, thaw to room temperature and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until hot.
When you are ready to bake, top with your favorite ingredients. These are fantastic!
- two 10 ounce cans mild red enchilada sauce
- 12 white corn tortillas taco size
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup cooked black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped, optional
- 1 cup sour cream optional
- Spoon enchilada sauce into bottom of 9×13 inch disposable tin baking dish. Should be enough sauce that covers the bottom evenly.
- Warm tortillas in microwave until softened and hot. Layer each tortilla with cheese, chicken and black beans. Be sure to not overfill tortillas. Carefully roll tortillas with filling and place seam side down into baking dish. Continue filling tortillas to fill pan. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Cover tightly with press and seal or foil. Label with title of recipe and date prepared. Freeze until ready to serve, up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, thaw then bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes, until hot. Serve warm and top with chopped fresh cilantro and sour cream if desired.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Frigidaire Gallery®. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin Chicken Black Bean Enchiladas
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.