These Chicken Enchilada Soup Boats make the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family! Just a few ingredients is all you’ll need to get dinner on the table this week. Enjoy!
My Chicken Enchilada Soup Boats are great for the whole family! It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you quick and simple family friendly dinner ideas! I’ve put together a weeknight dinner that couldn’t be more simple to prepare plus it’s packed with great Mexican flavors. I know how busy the school week can be with all of the kids different activities and homework. It’s so nice to have quick to prepare dinner recipes for a stress free experience.
How To Prepare Chicken Enchilada Soup Boats
I used Old El Paso’s Whole Wheat Taco Boats as a “bowl” for my simple soup. The kids loved this! I placed the taco boats onto a baking sheet and bake until slightly browned and crispy.
Only takes about 10 minutes and they come out nice and crisp to hold your soup.
To make the soup, pour the enchilada sauce into a small saucepan.
Add 1 cup of heavy cream.
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
Some sweet corn kernels, a little garlic salt and cumin.
Stir in the cooked chicken and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
Carefully spoon your soup into the taco boats and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and cubed avocado if you’d like. Enjoy!
- 8 count Old El Paso Whole Wheat Taco Boats
- 10 ounces Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies mild
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels fresh, frozen or from can is fine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place taco boats onto baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until golden and crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Place enchilada sauce, cream, tomatoes, corn, cumin, salt and chicken into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until hot then reduce to a simmer until ready to serve.
- Before serving, spoon soup into taco boats and top with cilantro and avocado if desired.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin Chicken Enchilada Soup Boats
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.