These Chicken Nacho Tacos make a fun weeknight dinner and are great for game day eats! The whole family loves these nacho style tacos.
What is it about queso cheese that just makes everything better? I can’t say enough about these fun nacho cheesy chicken tacos. Not only does the whole family love them for a great weeknight dinner, but they make the perfect food for game day fun with friends. It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new recipes.
These could not be more simple to prepare. I used precooked grilled chicken strips and a delicious homemade queso to drizzle over top along with lettuce and tomatoes. All of this inside a fun nacho cheese flavored taco shell by Old El Paso.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for your tacos.
To start the queso, melt the butter then whisk in the flour, cream and then cheese. See directions below for details.
Stir in your green chiles and salsa to your queso then simmer on low.
Place your shells on a serving plate.
Place your thinly sliced chicken strips inside each shell.
Time for the queso. Drizzle a couple tablespoons over the chicken.
Top with lettuce and tomatoes.
Be prepared to watch these tacos fly off of the plate 🙂
Hope you enjoy!
Chicken Nacho Tacos
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 10 min | Total time: 20 min
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4.5 ounces Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons mild salsa of your choice (I use the Roasted Chipotle Salsa from Trader Joe’s)
- 5.4 ounce box Old El Paso Nacho Cheese Stand n’ Stuff Shells, 10 count
- 20 grilled chicken slices, sliced thinly
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in cream whisking until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add green chiles and salsa, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring often.
- Place taco shells onto a serving plate and fill each shell with 2 slices of grilled chicken. Top with 2 tablespoons of queso then lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Makes 10 Servings
This post is in partnership with Old El Paso however thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.