Sharing our favorite Mexican chicken tacos today! These Chicken Nacho Tacos make a fun weeknight dinner and are great for game day eats! The whole family loves these nacho style tacos.
Mexican Chicken Tacos
What is it about queso cheese that just makes everything better? I can’t say enough about these fun nacho cheesy chicken tacos. Not only does the whole family love them for a great weeknight dinner, but they make the perfect food for game day fun with friends.
These could not be more simple to prepare. I used precooked grilled chicken strips and a delicious homemade queso to drizzle over top along with lettuce and tomatoes. All of this inside a fun nacho cheese flavored taco shell.
Be sure to try my Salsa Verde Beef Tacos too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
To start the queso, melt the butter then whisk in the flour, cream and then cheese. See directions below for details.
How To Make Homemade Queso
Stir in your green chiles and salsa to your queso then simmer on low.
Easy Chicken Tacos
Place your thinly sliced chicken strips inside each shell. Drizzle a couple tablespoons over the chicken. Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Be prepared to watch these tacos fly off of the plate 🙂
Hope you enjoy!
Cheesy Grilled Chicken Tacos
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4.5 ounces Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons mild salsa of your choice I use the Roasted Chipotle Salsa from Trader Joe’s
- 5.4 ounce box Old El Paso Nacho Cheese Stand n’ Stuff Shells 10 count
- 20 grilled chicken slices sliced thinly
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in cream whisking until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Add green chiles and salsa, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring often.
- Place taco shells onto a serving plate and fill each shell with 2 slices of grilled chicken. Top with 2 tablespoons of queso then lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Loving those nacho taco shells, they must be delicious!
What a fun idea! Also, I’m crazy impressed with your chicken slicing skills.
What a seriously delicious idea!
Adding these to my must-try soon list! Just have to find those shells!
I have never seen these taco shells before. They look like Doritos!
Gotta love taco night! These look so yummy!
Anything with nacho and cheese is destined to be delicious! Looks amazing!
these shells look SUPER fun! I LOVE the queso addition too, that is MY kind of taco!
Where have these shells been all my life? My family is going to die when I find them. Yay for new taco dinner recipes!!! And your belt and shoes are so adorable!!!
Why and how have I never tried these before?!!! Taco Tuesday implementation time!
This looks simple and so yummy! My husband would love it 🙂
O. M. G. I am so excited about these! LOVE me some chicken tacos! And I can’t wait to try that cheese sauce 🙂
Yah, we kind of love this cheese sauce!
I bet your kids just loved these! So would my husband!
My husband would LOVE these!! I’m going to have to buy those nacho shells immediately!
Seriously how fun are these! I love those shells.
Totally making these tonight!
This would be the perfect crowd-pleaser meal in my house! Those shells sound super flavorful!
My boys sure loved them!!
A DIY Taco Bar is such a fun idea and these Nacho Cheese Shells would make it even more fun. Honestly, I don’t think you’d ever go back to regular shells after having these.
So true Anne-Marie 🙂
I want to try those shells! Great way to mix up the always loved taco meal!
Whoa! Those shells are totally calling my name! Love the look of these!
1. Those SHOES! That BELT!! AAAACCCKKK!!!
2. How did I not know those tacos shells exist? Jon David is going to DIEEEE. Buying ASAP!
Ha! The boys think those shells are the coolest ever 🙂 Jon David will love them!
Whoa… what a shell! This recipe is being pinned, saved, filed in my brain for immediate and future use. 🙂
Haha! Thanks Amanda! xo
I have GOT to find those taco shells!!
I love these shells!! More room for more fillings!!
Need these on my dinner table ASAP!!!
I have tacos WAY too often, but have never even seen those nacho cheese shells. Nor have I thought to put sliced chicken in my tacos. These sound awesome!!
What fun tacos!
Fun tacos and I love the shoes:)
My kids would LOVE these! Going on the menu…
These are so fun!! I love crunchy taco shells…this sounds delish! Perfect football watching food too!
Thanks Aggie! xo
So many of my family members would freak out over these shells! Taco night just received a serious upgrade.