Sharing a favorite cornbread recipe today! You are going to love these Chicken Taco Cornbread Wedges! A fun dinner recipe the whole family will go nuts for!
Can’t wait for you guys to try this cornbread recipe! Packed with the best chicken taco flavors that have the whole family so happy for dinner time!
So many fun memories writing this post today. Many of you probably don’t know that quite a few years ago I started my cooking career as a competitive cook! It’s funny even saying that because I am not really a competitive person! I really enjoyed writing recipes and just kind of fell into this fun world of competing.
One of my favorite cook-off’s was definitely the Martha White Cornbread Cook-Off in 2007. Here I am preparing my dish for the judges. Talk about being a nervous wreck! I remember getting all of my cute food props at World Market. My father-in-law flew with us and the boys and we got to play in TN for a few days. The Cornbread Festival was so much fun. So much good food to try.
So…..did I win the cook-off? …..
I won! I got the famous skillet champion hat plus $5000 to take home. What a fun weekend that was.
I ended up competing from 2004-about 2007. So many great memories and friends made. I’ll never forget it. When I was done competing, I started Picky Palate and here I am still creating recipes. It’s the perfect job for me 🙂
Hope you enjoy my winning cornbread recipe, give it a try, you’ll be glad you did!!
Chicken Taco Cornbread Wedges
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 large egg
- 1 7 oz. pkg. Martha White® Sweet Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded romaine
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes