My Chicken Taco Soup Boats make the perfect quick fix weeknight dinner for the whole family!
You are in for a fun and simple dinner idea with my Chicken Taco Soup Boats.
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Old El Paso to bring you new family friendly dinner recipes! We love Mexican style meals and this one is simple to prepare and pleases the whole family! Hope you enjoy!
Simple pantry items you are likely to have in your pantry for this recipe!
For this recipe I’ve used Old El Paso’s Flour Tortilla Taco Boats and their Original Taco Seasoning.
Saute Onions and Garlic
You’ll start by sautéing some white onion then minced garlic in some extra virgin olive oil.
Stir in your cooked shredded chicken, broth and then diced tomatoes with peppers.
White beans, drained up next.
2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
Up next, add 2 tablespoons of dried cumin as well.
Stir in your sour cream.
Fresh chopped cilantro!
Prepare Soup Boats/Bowls
Bake your taco boats until crisp then melt cheese over tops.
Spoon soup into taco boats and serve warm.
Tips For Chicken Taco Soup Boats
*Try switching up the protein if you’d like. Beef and even ground sausage works great.
*Save any leftover soup and serve it over rice for another dinner idea.
*Serve with a small dollop of sour cream for a creamy version.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 Old El Paso Flour Tortilla Taco Boats
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and heat oil in large skillet or pot over medium heat. Saute chopped onions and minced garlic until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add chicken, broth, seasonings, sour cream and cilantro to pot. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low to simmer.
- place taco boats onto a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until crisp. Remove and top with shredded cheese. Return to over for 5 minutes to melt. Spoon soup into crisp taco boats and serve warm. Garnish tops with additional shredded cheese if desired.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin to your favorite Recipe Board
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.