Treat yourself to these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, ooey gooey fantastic! One of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes and so simple to prepare!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Making chocolate chip cookie bars is one of my favorite treats to make for the family!
Cookie Bar Recipes
Making cookie bar recipes could not be more simple to whip up. So great to take to parties, picnics, potlucks and any celebration!
As you can see, these are drop dead gorgeous bars that are just begging to be made.
You can whip these beautiful cookie bars up in about 5 minutes and they bake for close to 30.
The hardest part is waiting for the bars to cool so you can cut them into squares and drizzle with chocolate!
I might have cut into them while they were still…..a little warm. That chocolate!!! Enjoy friends! Recipe by Kathy of Panini Happy’s .
Tips For Making Cookie Bars
- Unless specifically stated otherwise, ingredients are best when used at room temperature. This is true except in very hot kitchens.
- The number of eggs called for in most recipes is based on U.S. graded large or extra-large eggs.
- Mix dough evenly, making sure ingredients are combined uniformly. This is true except in recipes that state otherwise, such as marbleized items.
- Always preheat the oven. Putting an item into a cold oven will alter the baking time and the consistency of the finished product.
- Make sure your base layer of dough is even and smooth. This is to make sure you have a consistent texture in your bars. A lumpy base could mean a bite of burned dough in one spot, and a bite of chewy raw dough in another. Lay wax paper over your dough, and then use a heavy block of butter or a square loaf pan to smooth the surface and tuck in all the corners.
Recipe by Kathy Strahs, The 8x8 Cookbook
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips divided
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch metal baking pan with parchment paper.
Beat the butter and both sugars together for several minutes until they’re light and fluffy, either with an electric mixer or by hand with a wooden spoon in a large bowl. Beat in the egg and vanilla until they’re well combined. Separately, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until they’re well combined. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
Pour the dough into the prepared pan, spreading it to the edges and corners. Bake until the bars are fully set and lightly browned on top, about 25 minutes. Allow them to cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each heating, until they’re fully melted. Drill the melted chocolate over the cooled cookie bars before cutting and serving.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.