Treat yourself to these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, ooey gooey fantastic!
So excited to share a recipe from my friend Kathy of Panini Happy’s newest cookbook The 8×8 Cookbook: Square Meals for Weeknight Family Dinners, Desserts and More-In One Perfect 8×8-inch Dish. Recipes such as Honey-Glazed Chicken with Root Vegetables and Orange Custard French Toast, this book is a must have!
Of course I chose to make one of Kathy’s dessert recipes. More specifically her Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars 🙂
As you can see, these are drop dead gorgeous bars that are just begging to be made.
You can whip these beautiful cookie bars up in about 5 minutes and they bake for close to 30.
The hardest part is waiting for the bars to cool so you can cut them into squares and drizzle with chocolate!
I might have cut into them while they were still…..a little warm. That chocolate!!! Enjoy friends!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 35 min
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together for several minutes until they’re light and fluffy, either with an electric mixer or by hand with a wooden spoon in a large bowl. Beat in the egg and vanilla until they’re well combined. Separately, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until they’re well combined. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan, spreading it to the edges and corners. Bake until the bars are fully set and lightly browned on top, about 25 minutes. Allow them to cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each heating, until they’re fully melted. Drill the melted chocolate over the cooled cookie bars before cutting and serving.
Makes 16 Servings
Recipe by Kathy Strahs, The 8×8 Cookbook
Be sure to check out these other amazing recipes from my friends!
- Blueberry Cobbler with Cornmeal Cream Biscuits (Sweet Treats) ~ Gerry from Foodness Gracious
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (Sweet Treats) ~ Jenny from Picky Palate
- Chocolate Craving Cake (Sweet Treats) ~ Amanda from I Am Baker
- Greek-Style Sausage and Peppers (Weeknights Won) ~ Liren from Kitchen Confidante
- Honey-Glazed Chicken with Roasted Root Vegetables (Weeknights Won) ~ Jane from This Week For Dinner
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders (Weeknights Won) ~ Amy from Very Culinary
- Layered Spinach, Artichoke and Crab Dip (On the Side) ~ Kathy from Panini Happy (and author of The 8×8 Cookbook)
- Pastitsio (The Sunday Dinner Table) ~ Rachel from Rachel Cooks
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.